[news.admin] Quoting Comedians

granger@cg-atla.UUCP (Peter Granger ) (05/04/88)

In article <2043@rtech.UUCP> stevef@rtech.UUCP (Steve Frye) writes:
>In article <5846@well.UUCP>, slf@well.UUCP (Sharon Lynne Fisher) writes:
>> >"I'd rather have my child watch a film of two people making love than of
>> >two people trying to kill one another." -- John Lennon
>> Actually, Lenny Bruce said this first.
>And I always thought it was George Carlin.

  Actually, what Carlin said (the first time I heard him) was, "Make love,
not war. What a great idea.  Now, why not take the idea a little further?
Make fuck, not kill. Makes sense to me!"

  And while we're at it, what about Elaine Boosler (or some similar
comedienne): "Why do we always say 'Fuck you!'? Sounds like a compliment
to me. Now, if we wanted to come up with something really nasty, how
about 'Audit you!'."
--
Pete Granger            ...!{decvax,ulowell,ima,ism780c}!cg-atla!granger
I like to keep people guessing about my actions. After all, most of the