[news.admin] Timely Notification

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (05/02/88)

>"I'd rather have my child watch a film of two people making love than of
>two people trying to kill one another." -- John Lennon

There is a lot of sex going on out there which has nothing to do with either
procreation or love (and much of the discussion of sex I have seen falls into
that category).

Likewise, there's a lot of gun use going on which has nothing to do with
people killing one another. Surely the discussions in rec.guns fall
into that catagory, otherwise the appropriate measures would long have been
taken.

UUCP:     ihnp4!killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
INTERNET: wnp@DESEES.DAS.NET or wnp@dcs.UUCP   TLX: 910-280-0585 EES PLANO UD

stevef@rtech.UUCP (Steve Frye) (05/03/88)

In article <5846@well.UUCP>, slf@well.UUCP (Sharon Lynne Fisher) writes:

> >"I'd rather have my child watch a film of two people making love than of
> >two people trying to kill one another." -- John Lennon
> Actually, Lenny Bruce said this first.

And I always thought it was George Carlin.

:-)
--
Steve Frye 				Relational Technology
pacbell!rtech!stevef			1080 Marina Village Parkway

jnh@ece-csc.UUCP (Joseph Nathan Hall) (05/04/88)

>> >"I'd rather have my child watch a film of two people making love than of
>> >two people trying to kill one another." -- John Lennon
>> Actually, Lenny Bruce said this first.
>And I always thought it was George Carlin.

Well, I don't know about that, but George Carlin _did_ invent:

	"Okay, sheriff, we're gonna fuck* you now.
	"We're gonna fuck* you real slow ..."

(* What word does "fuck" replace here? :-))

--
v   v sssss|| joseph hall                      || 201-1D Hampton Lee Court
 v v s   s || jnh@ece-csc.ncsu.edu (Internet)  || Cary, NC  27511

tracer@stb.UUCP (Jeff Boeing) (05/04/88)

In article <5846@well.UUCP> slf@well.UUCP (Sharon Lynne Fisher) writes:

>>"I'd rather have my child watch a film of two people making love than of
>>two people trying to kill one another." -- John Lennon
>Actually, Lenny Bruce said this first.

Maybe so, but it was George Carlin who took the idea one step further with:

"Okay, Sherrif, we're gonna f*ck you now!
 But we're gonna f*ck ya slow...."
--
Jeff Boeing (which is not my real name)   |   ...!uunet!stb.uucp!tracer
------------------------------------------|----------------------------

webber@constance.rutgers.edu (Bob Webber) (05/04/88)

In article <1003@micomvax.UUCP>, ray@micomvax.UUCP (Ray Dunn) writes:
%...
% If the recent non-creation of the eniac-thingy group really bothers the "yes"
% voters, then I'm sure an e-mail campaign to the non-creators could well
% convince them what is the "best" action to take.
%
% If it doesn't, does it *really* matter?  Are you being censored?  Are your
% postings being blocked?  No, no, and no.  Get on with it as you will, in a
% corner of some other (in)appropriate group.
%
% It is only the few net extremists, usually with more ego than sense, who
% *really* care if a particular subject is given the kudos of a separate group
% name rather than just being discussed under a subject name in one or more
% other groups.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

--- BOB (webber@athos.rutgers.edu ; rutgers!athos.rutgers.edu!webber)

stevef@rtech.UUCP (Steve Frye) (05/05/88)

In article <3545@ece-csc.UUCP>, jnh@ece-csc.UUCP (Joseph Nathan Hall) writes:
> >> Actually, Lenny Bruce said this first.
> >And I always thought it was George Carlin.
>
> Well, I don't know about that, but George Carlin _did_ invent:
>
> 	"Okay, sheriff, we're gonna fuck* you now.
> 	"We're gonna fuck* you real slow ..."

line
line

Both of these statements were from the same skit.  I guess someone else (John
Lennon) could have coined the phrase, but I was not aware of it.

--

migod@csri.toronto.edu (Mike Godfrey) (05/05/88)

In article <2043@rtech.UUCP> stevef@rtech.UUCP (Steve Frye) writes:
>In article <5846@well.UUCP>, slf@well.UUCP (Sharon Lynne Fisher) writes:
>>
>> >"I'd rather have my child watch a film of two people making love than of
>> >two people trying to kill one another." -- John Lennon
>> Actually, Lenny Bruce said this first.
>And I always thought it was George Carlin.

I could have sworn that Joe Biden said it...

--

"I am not a free man...but I'm reasonable!" #6.

Mike Godfrey				"Truth is only that which is taken
Department of Computer Science		 to be true.  It's the currency of
University of Toronto			 living."
migod@csri.toronto.edu				 	Tom Stoppard