[news.admin] _Everybody_ For President

rissa@ddsw1.UUCP (Patricia O Tuama) (05/14/88)

In article <14741@oddjob.UChicago.EDU> matt@oddjob.UChicago.EDU writes:
>Today a newgroup message for alt.birthright arrived here from
>umd5!grebyn!inco!klortho.  When talk.bizarre spins off new
>newsgroups, that exceeds my tolerance.  I rmgrouped both the new
>group and talk.bizarre from my site

From oddjob?  And who will that inconvenience?

				and I do not pass either group to
>any of my 10 neighbors.

Those of oddjob's downsite neighbors who do not appreciate Matt's
arbitrary and capricious decisions regarding which newsgroups he
will permit them to read, are cordially invited to contact Karl
Denninger at Traveller's Aid.  If you will poll ddsw1, Karl will be
more than happy to supply any and all groups Matt doesn't think you
should see.  Please contact:  karl@ddsw1

				Sucre en Morceaux
		chienne avec la bouche immondices du talk.bizarre

rissa@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Patricia O Tuama) (05/15/88)

I see from here in Boston that three copies of this article have
flung their sweet selves across the Usenet universe.  I only sent
one.  I don't know how this happened, but I apologize for the fact
that there are now three.

Gack.

					Mary Patricia

dkovar@bbn.com (David C. Kovar) (05/16/88)

In article <1081@ddsw1.UUCP> rissa@ddsw1.UUCP (Patricia O Tuama) writes:
>In article <14741@oddjob.UChicago.EDU> matt@oddjob.UChicago.EDU writes:
>>Today a newgroup message for alt.birthright arrived here from
>>umd5!grebyn!inco!klortho.  When talk.bizarre spins off new
>>newsgroups, that exceeds my tolerance.  I rmgrouped both the new
>>group and talk.bizarre from my site
>
>Those of oddjob's downsite neighbors who do not appreciate Matt's
>arbitrary and capricious decisions regarding which newsgroups he
>will permit them to read,

  Don't be a twit. USENET is made up of people voluntarily passing
newsgroups and mail around, mostly at their own expense. Many sites
fail to carry many newsgroups, some more "important" than this drivel.
If you don't like it, you just go poll someone else. You don't flame
them for doing what they're free to do. Noone is required to pay for
what they consider wasted bandwidth and considering that oddjob *has*
ten neighbors I'd say that they're doing more to hold the net together
than many other sites. I've nothing against your suggesting other routes
for the news for the downstream sites but try and be reasonable about
it, eh?

>				Sucre en Morceaux

-David Kovar
 DKovar@BBN.COM