[news.admin] I think alt.sex is a failure and I would like to rmgroup it

larry@pdn.UUCP (Larry Swift) (05/26/88)

(Article posted to junk because that's where I receive it (alt.sex isn't
recognized by postnews at this site);  to news.admin, because that's where
the subject seems to belong.  Anyone got a better idea?)

In article <463@bacchus.DEC.COM> reid@decwrl.UUCP (Brian Reid) writes:
>One could argue that the alt subnet is devoted to "free speech". Many people
>seem to equate "free speech" with "garbage speech".

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do.  That's why I suffer talk.bizzare to be on
the net.

Brian, I could agree that a lot of alt.sex is not wonderful, but you are
not showing unbiased intent.  When you use words like "garbage", "sewer",
"drek", etc., you are tainting your position with emotionalism.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinions.  But it is difficult to claim
objectivity when you use charged words to describe them.  Obviously several
people feel differently about the subject, and they truly don't feel that it
is "garbage".

I think they are entitled to converse as they see fit.

Larry Swift                     UUCP: {gatech!uflorida!usfvax2}!pdn!larry
My opinions are my own, thank you very much.