[news.admin] dialing for dollars

jrj@sun.uucp (Richard Jones) (05/30/88)

In article <931@actnyc.UUCP>, jsb@actnyc.UUCP (The Invisible Man) writes:
> I would like to propose that future I.Q. tests include the following
> question:
> "Is it appropriate to post articles asking for money on the net?"
> I suspect a 'No' answer to this question would correlate highly with intelegence
> thus adding to the reliability of I.Q. measurement.  However:
>
> In article <11148@apple.Apple.Com> grady@apple.UUCP (Grady Ward) writes:
> )Recently on the net I've seen a few messages asking for money.  The
> )senders supply such worthy reasons as education, feeding a starving
> )sister, and so on.
> )
> )Taking advantage of this trend, I would like to ask you all for money,
> )too.
> )
> 	[ discriptions of the good fortune of the Grady Bunch deleted. ]
>
> )Less than a year ago, I founded a Hi-IQ club which now has over 130
> )members around the world,
>
> I got a recent copy of the society's newsletter (Grady will send you one
> if you ask) and, aside from an interesting short piece by weemba, I find
> talk.bizarre better written and more informative.  Well, maybe I mean
> more written and better informative?  One article that particularly
> bothered me in this journal, a discussion of possible gender bias in I.Q.
> measurement, ends by saying that "only time and extensive research will prove"
> whether or not, if a cognative "difference exists" beteween men and women,
> "... it [can] truly be used as a marker of superiority in the hierarchical
> ranking of peoples".  Sounds bizarre to me.  If one rates high enough in
> the hierarchical ranking of peoples, one is entitled to disrupt newsfroups
> at will asking for spare change.  Since I rate really high in the h.r. of p.
> too, I am continuing the disruption by not removing any of the froups of the
> original posting.  Any of you folks who also rate high in the h. r. are invited
> to join me.  And bring your lawn darts.
>
> --
> 		"Notitiae gratia notitiarum"
> 				jim (uunet!actnyc!jsb)

I think asking for money over the net is beneath the dignity of most people on
this net.  I for one would appreciate not viewing requests for money! I know
that Uncle Sam is taking from us MORE than _IT_ deserves, but that is up to the
individual!  But, that in its self, does _NOT_ imply that anyone is any worse
off than the average person!

hyland@esosun.UUCP (Steve Hyland) (05/31/88)

Some crap about the value of talk.bizarre and other frothing at the mouth

>--
>		"Notitiae gratia notitiarum"
>				jim (uunet!actnyc!jsb)

Ok, folks. I've said it before. I'll say it again. talk.bizarre has no
business being cross-posted to rec.nude.

Why does this stuff keep getting posted here ? I mean, I know why - its
because some people are TOO FARGING LAZY TO EDIT THEIR DISTRIBUTION LINE.

If it doesn't have to do with rec.nude issues then please post elsewhere !!!

Steve Hyland
SAIC