[news.admin] Henry Spencer's .signature

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (05/30/88)

Shall we continue to discuss Henry's .signature[s]?

In article <1988May29.004027.4179@utzoo.uucp> henry@utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:

>"For perfect safety... sit on a fence|  Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
>and watch the birds." --Wilbur Wright| {ihnp4,decvax,uunet!mnetor}!utzoo!henry

Sorry, I can't agree with old Wilbur. What if one of the birds manages to get
overhead and drops something? Splut!! So much for perfect safety.
UUCP:     ihnp4!killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
INTERNET: wnp@DESEES.DAS.NET or wnp@dcs.UUCP   TLX: 910-280-0585 EES PLANO UD

jay@splut.UUCP (Jay Maynard) (06/01/88)

In article <103@dcs.UUCP> wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) writes:
>In article <1988May29.004027.4179@utzoo.uucp> henry@utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>>"For perfect safety... sit on a fence|  Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
>>and watch the birds." --Wilbur Wright| {ihnp4,decvax,uunet!mnetor}!utzoo!henry
>Sorry, I can't agree with old Wilbur. What if one of the birds manages to get
>overhead and drops something? Splut!! So much for perfect safety.

Uh, Wolf...I doubt there are birds big enough to carry a loaded
AT-clone, much less a Sony Multiscan, modem, phone, and printer.

Besides, bird exhaust doesn't go splut. It goes splat.
The definitive splut is a quart or more of lime Jell-O mold, (you know -
the kind that you get when you add cottage cheese to an otherwise
undistinguished tub of Jell-O), place it in a Tupperware container (if
it didn't start there), and throw it at a brick wall from at least
fifteen feet.
I determined this after an exhaustive series of experiments.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC...>splut!< | GEnie: JAYMAYNARD  CI$: 71036,1603
uucp: {uunet!nuchat,hoptoad!academ!uhnix1,{ihnp4,bellcore}!tness1}!splut!jay