[news.admin] cancel

goutier@ouareau.iro.umontreal.ca (Claude Goutier) (06/03/88)

The cancel command issued by Portal administrator was not totally effective.
There was discussion some time ago of making a new SUPER-CANCEL command.
I suggest that the CANCEL command be properly fixed to do what it is supposed
to do, namely to cancel properly and completly wherever it is, the object of
its purpose.

I include the following text from a Following to the now well known original
JJ posting which was still lurking around yesterday morning in comp.sys.dec.

By the way, JJ seems to have posted to every news group: I don't recall
how many copies of his infamous message I read. Furthermore, there were
also the replies that it sparked on the net in various groups.

-------------------
--
 Claude Goutier                   Centre de calcul, Universite de Montreal
 ...!iros1!goutier                C.P. 6128, Succ "A",   Montreal (Quebec)

sherr@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Adam B. Sherr) (06/09/88)

In article <559@mannix.iros1.UUCP> goutier@iros1.UUCP (Claude Goutier) writes:
>By the way, JJ seems to have posted to every news group:

	I read all of the rec.sport news groups and don't remember seeing
this letter at all.

  Adam B. Sherr                   "If Alan Alda can work for IBM,
  sherr@eniac.seas.upenn.edu          there's no reason I can't!
    (215) 243-8214                          -- Dave Becki 4/2/88