[news.admin] Does JJ sell news papers now?

webber@porthos.rutgers.edu (Bob Webber) (06/10/88)

To those of you who enjoyed flaming the panhandling of JJ, here is another
one who has discovered the fun of crossposting for ``commerical purposes:''

From mikea@utoday.UUCP (Mike Azzara) Wed Jun  8 11:53:46 1988
From: mikea@utoday.UUCP (Mike Azzara)
Newsgroups: comp.databases,comp.graphics,comp.misc,comp.sys.att,comp.sys.dec,comp.sys.hp,comp.sys.ibm.pc
Subject: UNIX Today! newspaper
Date: 8 Jun 88 15:53:46 GMT

A free newspaper, UNIX Today!, will be launched by CMP Publications
 on June 27, with pre-release copies available the previous week at
 the Usenix conference in San Francisco. UNIX Today!'s editorial
 charter is to provide a forum for the voice of the UNIX user
 community (you!). UNIX Today! will include news,
analysis of the news, and feature stories about innovative and/or offbeat
business UNIX applications.
	In order to fulfill our charter as a voice for users, UNIX
Today!'s editor, Mike Azzara (me) believes the newspaper must strike a
dialogue with users, publishing users' opinions in as many forms and as
often as possible. Therefore, we have installed a UNIX system on which
UNIX Today! will be written, and we have sent this message onto the net.
	There are many ways for you to make your voice heard in
UNIX Today!:
	1) Each issue will contain a column called Network Views, which
will be a compilation of opinions on a given issue sent to us via usenet.
The first issue topic is:

	Will the AT&T/Sun alliance help or hurt UNIX users, and is it fair?

	and

	What effect will the Open Systems Foundation have on the future
of UNIX, and are its sponsors' motives pure.

	Send opinions to: ...uunet!utoday!views

	2) Each issue will contain a column called network reviews, which will
be a compilation of opinions on products that are reviewed in that issue of
UNIX Today!  In our first issue, we reviewed A/UX and Sybase, but it's
a little too close to deadline for us to accept contributions on their score.
Next time, we'll review Sun's 386i, so if you have one, and an opinion to
share, send to:  ...uunet!utoday!review.

	3) UNIX Today! will conduct surveys of your opinion from time to
time to help us figure out what's going on.

	4) Send us letters or propose article ideas on topics of importance to
UNIX users: ...uunet!utoday!letter.

	5) Send us tips on news stories that are being held or covered up--
we'll investigate, and publish!   ...uunet!utoday!tips. Include a phone number for our followup. We promise confidentiality.

	With your help, UNIX Today! will mirror the opinions of the UNIX user
community. PLEASE CONTRIBUTE.

	Mike Azzara				Mitch Irsfeld
	Editor					Executive Editor
	...uunet!utoday!mikea			...uunet!ixtoday!mitch