[news.admin] HELP ME!!!

tgr@picuxa.UUCP (Dr. Emilio Lizardo) (05/26/88)

Zapped most of the cross-postings, then cross-posted to news.admin ---

Would the system administrator at cup.portal.com please remove this
stupid fucker's priveleges?

Thanks in advance.
--
Tom Gillespie  ( ...ihnp4!picuxa!tgr) | (attmail!tgillespie) (201) 952-1178
AT&T/EDS Product Integration Center  299 Jefferson Rd. Parsippany NJ 07054

"Don't take life so serious ... it ain't nohow permanent."  -- Walt Kelly

jayorr@ncoast.UUCP (Jay Orr) (05/31/88)

A lot of you smart-asses have been calling me, Rob Noha, COLLECT at
402/488-2586.  I'm getting rather tired of this!  It wouldn't be so
bad, except that some of you have been calling after 3 AM!  Knock it
off, huh?

Also, for all of you shit-heads that sent mail to me with postage due --
I hope that you're happy.  It's cost me a lot more money to get these letters
than I've received.  If you must really know the truth, I'm an orphan!
I really need this money.

Rob Noha (aka JJ)
8511 Sunbeam Lane
Lincoln, NE 68505
(402) 488-2586

root@uisc1.UUCP (Super user) (06/04/88)

In article <581@picuxa.UUCP>, tgr@picuxa.UUCP (Dr. Emilio Lizardo) writes:

> Would the system administrator at cup.portal.com please remove this
> stupid fucker's priveleges?

When I think about the message that your followup was about (JJ's post),
and then I then compare it to yours in terms of politeness, content, and
choice of words, I would have to agree with your posting. I would rather
apply it to your privileges than to JJ's, however.

I found your posting a lot more offensive by a considerable order of
magnitude than JJ's. Please tone down your choice of words.

One would think that someone with a doctorate degree would have learned
that by now.

dave@cgdra.ucar.edu (Dave Darr) (06/07/88)

In article <17623@ncoast.UUCP> jayorr@ncoast.UUCP (Jay Orr) writes:
>A lot of you smart-asses have been calling me, Rob Noha, COLLECT at
>402/488-2586.  I'm getting rather tired of this!  It wouldn't be so
>bad, except that some of you have been calling after 3 AM!  Knock it
>off, huh?
>Also, for all of you shit-heads that sent mail to me with postage due --
>I hope that you're happy.  It's cost me a lot more money to get these letters
>
>Rob Noha (aka JJ)
>8511 Sunbeam Lane
>Lincoln, NE 68505
>(402) 488-2586

Is this man mentally ill???

reid@decwrl.dec.com (Brian Reid) (06/07/88)

In article <316@ncar.ucar.edu> dave@cgdra.ucar.edu (Dave Darr) writes:

>>Rob Noha (aka JJ)
>>8511 Sunbeam Lane
>>Lincoln, NE 68505
>>(402) 488-2586
>>

>Is this man mentally ill???

Hey, folks, this latest JJ posting is a clever forgery.
JJ probably *is* mentally ill, but you can be sure he's never seen that
posting.

cc1@CS.UCLA.EDU (06/07/88)

Wonderful forgery.  Congrats to whoever posted it.

			--Net.Rabbit

tadst@cisunx.UUCP (Thomas A. Dressel) (06/07/88)

Oh please, not again!!!

Brings to mind an old phrase: fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice,
shame on me!  Does this yo-yo expect us to be sympathetic after all the
sh*t we've read about him?!?!?!?!

In article <17623@ncoast.UUCP> jayorr@ncoast.UUCP (Jay Orr) writes:
[...]
>than I've received.  If you must really know the truth, I'm an orphan!
							 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
					more like a son of a b*tch if
					you ask me!

objoke: "Ron Reagan: the great communicator."

brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton) (06/07/88)

As many of you might have guessed, the latest JJ article complaining
about collect calls and postage due is a forgery of some sort.
(This is not to say it wasn't forged by JJ)

The entry point is along this path somewhere (others on the path will have
to research futher as to where to look:

And this message-id doesn't match the current numbers from ncoast at all,
which are in the 7000 range.

And this date was probably made up too.

	Date: 31 May 88 00:33:58 GMT

And JJ wouldn't be so kind as to include this:

Nor his phone number or a lot of sneaky things to do to harass him.
So I doubt this was from JJ.  It's from somebody trying to make it
worse.  There are times when anonymous postings have their place, but
I doubt this is one of them.
--
Brad Templeton, Looking Glass Software Ltd. - Waterloo, Ontario 519/884-7473
	"USENET -- the world's least important network."

root@uisc1.UUCP (Super user) (06/07/88)

In article <515@bacchus.DEC.COM>, reid@decwrl.UUCP writes:

> >>Rob Noha (aka JJ)
> >>8511 Sunbeam Lane
> >>Lincoln, NE 68505
> >>(402) 488-2586
> >>

> Hey, folks, this latest JJ posting is a clever forgery.
> you can be sure he's never seen that posting.

Clever? I agree that JJ has probably never seen the above message.

I would also suggest that the folks at Cleveland Public Access Unix
still have a lot of growing up to do.

There was nothing clever whatsoever about that stupid posting.

It's the kind of thing I would expect from a 10 year old on a Fidonet
board, but on Usenet?

Is this the best we can do on here?

jj@alice.UUCP (06/07/88)

In article <515@bacchus.DEC.COM> reid@decwrl.UUCP (Brian Reid) writes:
>In article <316@ncar.ucar.edu> dave@cgdra.ucar.edu (Dave Darr) writes:
>
>>>Rob Noha (aka JJ)
>
>>Is this man mentally ill???
>
>Hey, folks, this latest JJ posting is a clever forgery.
>JJ probably *is* mentally ill, but you can be sure he's never seen that
>posting.

Um, hey, folks, will you PLEASE discriminate between jj@cup.portal.com
and jj@alice.att.com?  This alleged "Noha" who posted from portal and
ncoast has nothing at all (as I said once before) with jj@alice.att.com,
formerly alice!jj/rabbit!jj.

Now, then we have an alleged name for this perpetrator, and we have
lots of other identifiers other than "JJ" for him, i.e.
"jayjay" and "jayorr", so can we PLEASE use something other than
'JJ', which an increasing number of people (if my mail is any indication)
are mistaking for me?

So, Brian, I take exception to your statement, let's keep our
jj's straight, shall we?  You mean the Oklahoma terror (or was it
Nebraska?), and I know that, but it's clear that some people can't
tell the difference.

--
jj@alice.att.com, who has no affiliation whatsoever with
(the former) jj@cup.portal.co.

puppy@chinet.UUCP (Nance Colucci) (06/07/88)

In article <17623@ncoast.UUCP> jayorr@ncoast.UUCP (Jay Orr) writes:
>A lot of you smart-asses have been calling me, Rob Noha, COLLECT at
>
>Also, for all of you shit-heads that sent mail to me with postage due --

Is this for real??  Because if it is, "smart-ass" and "shit-head"
aren't exactly the best terms one could use while asking for a
handout.  Not nice at all.

-Nance
--
=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.=-.
"A tree that has lived in total shelter            Nance Colucci

becker@ziebmef.uucp (Bruce Becker) (06/08/88)

In article <17623@ncoast.UUCP> jayorr@ncoast.UUCP (Jay Orr) writes:
>A lot of you smart-asses have been calling me, Rob Noha, COLLECT at
>xxxxxxxx.  I'm getting rather tired of this!  It wouldn't be so
>bad, except that some of you have been calling after 3 AM!  Knock it
>off, huh?
>
>Also, for all of you shit-heads that sent mail to me with postage due --
>I hope that you're happy.  It's cost me a lot more money to get these letters
>than I've received.  If you must really know the truth, I'm an orphan!
>I really need this money.
>
>Rob Noha (aka JJ)
>8511 Sunbeam Lane
>Lincoln, NE 68505

OK, everbody, just shut up fer a sec & lissen up...

Rob has been a dink.
So why should you be one too?

the only thing I wonder about is why he put his phone number in (twice,
actually!)....

I'm going to change the subject:

why is a water buffalo like a galaxy?

cheers, Bruce Becker

UUCP: ...!ncrcan!ziebmef!becker!bdb
BitNet: BECKER@HUMBER

roger@homxc.UUCP (Another Technical Editor) (06/08/88)

In article <17623@ncoast.UUCP>, jayorr@ncoast.UUCP (Jay Orr) writes:
> A lot of you smart-asses have been calling me, Rob Noha, COLLECT at
> 402/488-2586.  I'm getting rather tired of this!  It wouldn't be so
> bad, except that some of you have been calling after 3 AM!
> Also, for all of you shit-heads that sent mail to me with postage due --
> I hope that you're happy.  It's cost me a lot more money to get these letters
> than I've received.  If you must really know the truth, I'm an orphan!
> I really need this money.
>
> Rob Noha (aka JJ) > 8511 Sunbeam Lane > Lincoln, NE 68505 > (402) 488-2586

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HOHOOOHOOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHO
HOHOOOHOOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHO
HOHOOOHOOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHO
HOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHO
HOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHO
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
heh heh heh heh heh heh heh (snfprt. Honk.)

Thanks, Rob. I needed that.
Folks, just keep those cards and letters comin' in.

Geva_Apple-Maniac_Patz@cup.portal.com (06/08/88)

Hmm:

First, Jay or says:
]
> My parents are as broke as I am

now he says:

> I'm an orphan

Ah, shame! Can't even get his ickle story straight!

%%%%
 Geva
  %%%%

Peter_H_Morley@cup.portal.com (06/09/88)

Wonder how this guy affords computer time, telephones and postage?  :-)
I have a lady friend who is an orphan, and she WORKED and will be receiving
an MBA from University of Santa Clara.  A genuine pleasure to take her out
to dinner and buy her a graduation present.
"Never a lender nor a borrower be" -- Shakespeare

When I first saw this posting, I thought to myself *Sheesh* let's send him a
bar of soap for toothpaste.

John_-_DeBert@cup.portal.com (06/09/88)

Why are you getting calls @ 3. AM?
Change Your Phone Number!

John - DeBert@cup.portal.com

levy@grasp.cis.upenn.edu (Alden Levy) (06/09/88)

In article <6354@cup.portal.com> Geva_Apple-Maniac_Patz@cup.portal.com writes:
>Hmm:
>First, Jay or says:
>]
>> My parents are as broke as I am
>now he says:
>
>> I'm an orphan
>
>Ah, shame! Can't even get his ickle story straight!
> Geva

No, no.  You've got it all wrong.  His parents were as broke as he was,
but they were too ashamed to admit that they couldn't afford to send
him to school, so they left.  My this is very sad.  Maybe we SHOULD all
send him money.:-)

On that note, I saw this neat little Ferrari the other day, but I
just can't seem to afford it or the insurance....

dc@gcm (Dave Caswell) (06/10/88)

.
.I would also suggest that the folks at Cleveland Public Access Unix
.still have a lot of growing up to do.

Why?  The article didn't originate there or was the forgery too clever for you?

.There was nothing clever whatsoever about that stupid posting.

There were many clues that made it obvious that it was a forgery,
I thought it was clever.

--
Dave Caswell
Greenwich Capital Markets                             uunet!philabs!gcm!dc

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (06/10/88)

WHOA!

IT'S A JOKE!  IT'S A JOKE!

"Jay Orr"'s second posting is a pretty obvious forgery, meant as a joke
by some net person with a great sense of humor (in my opinion). Of course,
you're SUPPOSED to reply to him and tell him what a jerk he is. Just don't
reply to the net because he certainly isn't going to read it.

Sean
--
***  Sean Casey                        sean@ms.uky.edu,  sean@ukma.bitnet
***  The Empire Defenestrator          {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!sean

haugj@pigs.UUCP (John F. Haugh II) (06/10/88)

In article <6354@cup.portal.com>, Geva_Apple-Maniac_Patz@cup.portal.com writes:
] Hmm:
]
] First, Jay or says:
] ]
] > My parents are as broke as I am
]
] now he says:
]
] > I'm an orphan
]
] Ah, shame! Can't even get his ickle story straight!

how many hours a day are you people spending worrying about JJ?  why
don't you just call him up on the phone and ask him about his parents
yourselves?

heck, at least _I_ called with a modem in case the one he has on his
phone line was connected to anything useful, hint, hint ;-)  maybe i
should put him in my L.sys file with a dummy name, set the time field
to Any0300-0400, and queue up some work.  i wonder how that would
work?

by the way, the net.forger has yet to come out and publicly take a bow.
i think it was by far one of the best forgeries i've ever seen.  ranks
up there with the Woodie The Owl forgery.  far better than anything
else floating around the net.

- john.
--
 The Beach Bum                                 Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers
 UUCP: ...!killer!rpp386!jfh                          jfh@rpp386.uucp :SMAILERS

 "You are in a twisty little maze of UUCP connections, all alike" -- fortune

gypsy@c3pe.UUCP (danger gypsy) (06/11/88)

In article <6354@cup.portal.com> Geva_Apple-Maniac_Patz@cup.portal.com writes:
>Hmm:
>First, Jay or says:
>> My parents are as broke as I am
>now he says:
>> I'm an orphan
>Ah, shame! Can't even get his ickle story straight!

look, this most recent thing has got to be a forgery.  you noticed
this, other people have noticed that he complained about people calling
his phone number and then listed the number.  can we just stop responding
to the damn thing, please?
`
gypsy @ {decuac.dec.com, sundc}!c3pe!gypsy

and please let's not have another debate about forgeries and pseudos...

hollombe@ttidca.TTI.COM (The Polymath) (06/11/88)

In article <6354@cup.portal.com> Geva_Apple-Maniac_Patz@cup.portal.com writes:
}Hmm:
}
}First, Jay or says:
}]
}> My parents are as broke as I am
}
}now he says:
}
}> I'm an orphan
}
}Ah, shame! Can't even get his ickle story straight!

I'll bet he murdered his parents between postings just to get our
sympathy.  (-:{

Required joke for rec.humor:

Example of the Yiddish word "chutzpah":

     When found guilty of the murder of your parents you plead for mercy
     on the grounds that you're an orphan.

--
The Polymath (aka: Jerry Hollombe, hollombe@TTI.COM)   Illegitimati Nil
Citicorp(+)TTI                                           Carborundum

henrik@blblbl.UUCP (Larry DeLuca) (06/11/88)

In article <4777@blia.BLI.COM>, heather@blia.BLI.COM (Heather Mackinnon) writes:
> Sorry to everyone else for posting this.  I haven't seen a public
> reaction to this gentleman's request, so I thought I'd jump into
> the fray.

> Heather Mackinnon

Where have you *been*!?!?

						larry...

NU098674@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Tony Hammel) (06/14/88)

>>My parents are as broke as I am
>now he says:
>>I'm an orphan

Oh, I get it!  He's SO POOR...
                          ("how poor is he?")
He's so poor he can't even afford to pay attention, even to himself!

Ba-DUM-bump!!!

davek@infmx.UUCP (David Kosenko) (06/14/88)

In article <1230NU098674@NDSUVM1>, NU098674@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Tony Hammel) writes:
> >>My parents are as broke as I am
> >now he says:
> >>I'm an orphan
>

> Oh, I get it!  He's SO POOR...
>                           ("how poor is he?")
> He's so poor he can't even afford to pay attention, even to himself!
>
> Ba-DUM-bump!!!

	Sorry, but I couldn't help but recall the bit from Mel Brooks'
"The History of the World, Part I", during the French Revolution:

Madame LaFarge (or whatever he name is):

	...we are zo poor, we don't even have our own language,
	just zis stupid accent!

Random Scum:

	She's right!  We all sound like Maurice Chevalier. Oh ho ho!

Admittedly, this has nothing to do with the matter at hand, but I
thought it funny.

Must dash -
Dave

--
Disclaimer:  The opinions expresses herein are by no means those
 of Informix Software.

jwm@stdc.jhuapl.edu (Jim Meritt) (06/15/88)

In article <4977@super.upenn.edu> levy@grasp.cis.upenn.edu.UUCP (Alden Levy) writes:
}
}In article <6354@cup.portal.com> Geva_Apple-Maniac_Patz@cup.portal.com writes:
}>Hmm:
}>First, Jay or says:
}>> My parents are as broke as I am
}>now he says:
}>> I'm an orphan
}>Ah, shame! Can't even get his ickle story straight!
}
}No, no.  You've got it all wrong.  His parents were as broke as he was,
}but they were too ashamed to admit that they couldn't afford to send
}him to school, so they left.  My this is very sad.  Maybe we SHOULD all
}send him money.:-)

No, you have it wrong - they are poor but honest (why "but"?  don't know
but is a really common phrase).  When they saw JJ's articles they killed
themselves.

ob joke: JJ

Disclaimer: Individuals have opinions, organizations have policy.
            Therefore, these opinions are mine and not any organizations!
Q.E.D.
jwm@aplvax.jhuapl.edu 128.244.65.5  (James W. Meritt)