[news.admin] I request a moderated group for news-topic

werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (06/21/88)

In <3145@palo-alto.DEC.COM>, vixie@palo-alto.DEC.COM (Paul Vixie) writes:
> In article <28.UUL1.3#935@aocgl.UUCP> tmanos@aocgl.UUCP (Theodore W. Manos):
> # I also will offer to moderate a group - even one I don't read!

> Again: don't bother to volunteer to moderate a group you don't read, because
> you aren't qualified; don't suggest that a group be moderated unless you are
> willing to moderate it.  Two rules of thumb WRT moderation.

	HORSE-PUCKEYS!  I know lots of people who do not read lots of groups
	but would be emminently qualified to moderate them.  I know lots of
	groups for which the only qualification required would be a little
	common sense.

	and just because you are not willing or able to moderate a group
	(there are many good reasons) does not disqualify you from proposing
	that a group be moderated.

	this group is so full of BS that it has become impossible to stay
	informed about the news-topic.

	I request that we get a moderated group to cover news.