[news.admin] Best of MES

dmcanzi@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (David Canzi) (07/22/88)

For the benefit of relative newcomers to the net who are not familiar
with Mark Ethan Smith, I present several choice quotes from his
articles that were posted to the net late last year.  Now that Mark
is posting again, I will no doubt be adding to this collection.

(This article is posted to news.admin and misc.legal because this is
where the flame wars are occurring.  This isn't posted to soc.women
because I avoid posting there.  Be sure to edit the newsgroups line
if you attempt to follow up.)

Here are the quotes:

	... it is important to recognize that the undiminished pronouns
	males have historically attempted to reserve exclusively to themselves,
	are connected, in the minds of many men, to the pronouns they used
	to refer to their male deities.  Even when not capitalized, many men
	believe that an undiminished pronoun is not merely a title of honor
	and respect, but actually a term of deification.

	Only Meitner had both the ability and the necessity of making
	such a momentous discovery.  The penis-bearing morons were all
	great men and their careers were assured.  But Jews, women, and
	other subhumans were destined only for the gas ovens of Auschwitz,
	to be used for slave labor, and turned into soap. ...

	Einstein always spoke of Meitner as, "The Mother of the Bomb,"...
	Our own Defense Intelligence Agency suppressed Einstein's later
	papers.  Can you think of a reason why? ...  Can you
	think of ANY reason for suppressing Einstein's later papers, other
	than that by crediting Meitner with the discovery of fission he
	would have given ammunition to those who were fighting to open up
	educational opportunities to women in America?

	It was not respect for American women that had male doctors strapping
	women to stretchers on their backs with their legs spread and their
	hands tied down.  It was to slow the birth process, make it more
	difficult and painful, and give the doctor more ability to schedule
	it so as not to interfere with his golf game. ...

	And to anyone who is about to flame me for offending men in this
	group by expressing my anger,  go right ahead.  Somebody has to defend
	the rapists, incestuous fathers, anbandoners, batterers, non-payers
	of child support, discriminatory employers, harassing co-workers,
	and other bums, why not you?

--
I am not David Canzi, my name is.