[news.admin] JJ&T

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (09/09/88)

Well look what showed up in 8 newsgroups:

|From: krsm@hou2d.UUCP (S.MURTHY)
|Newsgroups: soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.arabic,soc.culture.celtic,soc.culture.greek,soc.culture.japan,soc.culture.jewish,soc.net-people
|Subject: IEEE PRESIDENT-ELECT ELECTION
|Date: 8 Sep 88 17:23:11 GMT

[The Eric Sumner for IEEE president spiel omitted.]

At least his co-worker, the one quicker on the draw, isn't such a
widespread jerk:

|From: cmluze@hou2d.UUCP (C.LUZE)
|Newsgroups: att.news,att.workplace,news.misc
|Subject: Message to IEEE Members from Eric Sumner
|Date: 7 Sep 88 16:23:29 GMT

[The Eric Sumner for IEEE president spiel omitted.]

As C Luze told me in e-mail, he posted this to news.misc, since this
Eric Sumner fellow is C Luze's VP, and told him to post to newsgroups
that IEEE members might be reading.

This is getting ridiculous.  Let's rename the company JJ&Teleportal.

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720

jj) (09/09/88)

In article <14045@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) writes:

>This is getting ridiculous.  Let's rename the company JJ&Teleportal.

Matthew, WHAT does this have to do with me?  As has been made clear,
the "JJ" at portal was a pseudonym for somebody whose name
has been released repeatedly to the net, who isn't (other than
by pseodonum) a "jj".  So, why drag me NAME into it.  My NAME
is "jj".  Got it?  I'm not the guy at portal, but you really don't
seem to care that every time you give the Noha person more publicity
you abuse MY NAME. STOP IT!
--
jj@alice.att.com, who has no affiliation whatsoever with
(the former) jj@cup.portal.co.

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (09/13/88)

In article <8181@alice.UUCP>, jj@alice (alice!jj) writes:
>>This is getting ridiculous.  Let's rename the company JJ&Teleportal.

>Matthew, WHAT does this have to do with me?

Nothing.

jane@tolerant.UUCP (Jane Medefesser) (09/14/88)

In article <8181@alice.UUCP> jj@alice.UUCP (alice!jj) writes:
>In article <14045@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) writes:
>>This is getting ridiculous.  Let's rename the company JJ&Teleportal.
>>

>Matthew, WHAT does this have to do with me?  As has been made clear,
>the "JJ" at portal was a pseudonym for somebody whose name
>has been released repeatedly to the net, who isn't (other than
>by pseodonum) a "jj".  So, why drag me NAME into it.  My NAME
>is "jj".  Got it?  I'm not the guy at portal, but you really don't
>seem to care that every time you give the Noha person more publicity
>you abuse MY NAME. STOP IT!

Oh my - we ARE touchy today, aren't we....

Hey, my name is JANE. I don't want ANY of you calling Jane Fonda "Hanoi
Jane", because Jane is MY name. Got it? MINE MINE MINE. I'm the ONLY person
on the net allowed to go by Jane, so I want all of you to stop refering to
any other Jane's as "Jane" because it's MINE! Now stop it. NOW!

..oh, yea - I want "JANET" renamed too... too close to JANE, which is MY
name and everyone know "JANET" is a pseudonym for something else. I don't
want ANYONE getting MOI confuse with JANET. GOT IT?? GOOD!!!!