[news.admin] recent AT&T postings

ecl@mtgzy.att.com (Evelyn C. Leeper) (09/09/88)

Recently there have been some postings to inappropriate newsgroups from
employees of AT&T.  The system administrators at AT&T are working on educating
the users and I would ask people not to blame everyone at AT&T for the actions
of a few individuals.

					Evelyn C. Leeper
					201-957-2070
				UUCP:	att!mtgzy!ecl or ecl@mtgzy.att.com
				ARPA:	ecl%mtgzy@att.arpa

ray@micomvax.UUCP (Ray Dunn) (09/14/88)

In article <4164@mtgzy.att.com> ecl@mtgzy.att.com (Evelyn C. Leeper) writes:
>Recently there have been some postings to inappropriate newsgroups from
>employees of AT&T.  The system administrators at AT&T are working on educating
>the users and I would ask people not to blame everyone at AT&T for the actions
>of a few individuals.

This of course should read:

>Traditionally there have been many postings to inappropriate newsgroups from
>employees of AT&T.

Seriously though, best of luck to you Evelyn, although if you succeed
completely, the net will be a slightly less entertaining place.  Ah how we'll
miss all those dinette sets...
--
Ray Dunn.                      |   UUCP: ..!philabs!micomvax!ray
Philips Electronics Ltd.       |   TEL : (514) 744-8200   Ext: 2347

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (09/15/88)

In article <1272@micomvax.UUCP> ray@micomvax.UUCP (Ray Dunn) writes:
 >In article <4164@mtgzy.att.com> ecl@mtgzy.att.com (Evelyn C. Leeper) writes:
 >>Recently there have been some postings to inappropriate newsgroups from
 >>employees of AT&T. ...
 >
 >This of course should read:
 >
 >Traditionally there have been many postings to inappropriate newsgroups from
 >employees of AT&T.

And it should, of course, be extended to read:

Traditionally there have been many postings to inappropriate newsgroups, as
well as postings with inappropriate contents, or in an inappropriate tone,
by employees of many companies as well as by students and faculty at many
colleges and other institutions ...

 >Seriously though, best of luck to you Evelyn, although if you succeed
 >completely, the net will be a slightly less entertaining place.  Ah how we'll
 >miss all those dinette sets...

True. If all USENET readers/users/posters abided by all of the rules all of the
time, the net would be truly boring.
UUCP:     killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   dcs!wnp@killer.dallas.tx.us    TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD