[news.admin] Ray Dunn's misrepresentation of reality

RWC102@PSUVM (R. W. F. Clark) (09/24/88)

In article <1282@micomvax.UUCP>, ray@micomvax.UUCP (Ray Dunn) says:

>In article <53861RWC102@PSUVM> RWC102@PSUVM (R. W. F. Clark) writes:
>>In article <9152@cup.portal.com>, john_f_tamburo@cup.portal.com says:
>>>
>>>     [many four-letter explicatives deleted]
>>>                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>Mr. Tamburo, I think that would be singularly ill-advised....
>
>Clark posted this in news.admin (without the deletions), although
>9152@cup.portal.com appears only in alt.flame, and Clark directs followups
>back to alt.flame - a flagrant if clumsy attempt to make a portal user
>appear to be posting foul language in news.admin.  Mr Tamburo certainly has
>a way with words (:-), but to no more excess than his opponents in
>alt.flame.

This is a lie of the most scurrilous sort.  I posted Mr. Tamburo's
warning to cause fifteen THOUSAND flames to be posted from cup to
news.admin, as I thought that such an imbecilic threat might be
of interest to those who run the net.

I note you removed the actual text from which I quoted, as this
made it easier for you to lie about my intentions.  I think this
is a flagrant, if clumsy, attempt to misrepresent me.

>Between the foul-mouthed rantings and vicious personality-assassinations,
>this purile small-minded cabal portray themselves to their victims as
>knights on white chargers and keepers of the net!

I am a member of no anti-portal cabal.

All that I posted, I posted independently of
the cabal.  The cabal did not even _contact_
me concerning the mass posting, and had they
done so, I would have refused to be involved.

I represent no one other than myself.

Your lies represent a new high-water mark in
misrepresentation and misinterpretation on the
net.

>--
>Ray Dunn.                      |   UUCP: ..!philabs!micomvax!ray
>Philips Electronics Ltd.       |   TEL : (514) 744-8200   Ext: 2347
>600 Dr Frederik Philips Blvd   |   FAX : (514) 744-6455
>St Laurent. Quebec.  H4M 2S9   |   TLX : 05-824090

RWFC