[news.admin] The dangers of posting to alt.sex

bmacintyre@watsol.waterloo.edu (Blair MacIntyre) (10/05/88)

jas5r@maxwell.acc.Virginia.EDU (Jennifer A. Schrader) writes:
[her .sig]
>The other day, one of my friends walked up to me with a grin and said,
>"So! What are YOU doing posting to alt.sex? heh heh heh..."
>To which I replied, "Same thing you're doing reading it, hm?"

Hmmmm ... there are certain inherent dangers in posting to such a newsgroup;
I know from personal experience.

Last year when this group started I was in a berserk posting mode, and posted
a few "choice" articles to this group.  And people still bug me about certain
elements of some of those postings ... I'd probably post more relavent stuff
here if some of my 'friends' would grow up and stop twisting everything I
say and telling other people "He said xxxxx in alt.sex".  I know it is
supposed to be in fun, but it's _Very_ annoying after a while.

Then there was the other friend who took it upon himself to mail anything
I posted to _all_ our friends that had any sort of computer account ...

Also, you never know who's reading.  One of my female cousins ( I didn't think
any relatives had access to this stuff ) reads on her then-boyfriend/
now-husbands account.  She still playfully threatens me with stuff like
"I saved all _those_ articles ... someday I'll get around to printing them
out for your mother"  Nooooooo :-)

Not to forget possible employers ( although certain attitudes may help you
get a job :-) and other "important" people you might run into someday ...

'Nuff of my ramblings, just remember

	"What yourselves out there ..."

Blair "once burned, twice shy" MacIntyre
= Mr. Blair MacIntyre (bmacintyre@watsol.waterloo.edu)                        =
= Using computers is like parachuting ... if you don't get it the first time, =
= chances are you won't try it again.                                         =