[news.admin] USENET server, UUCP

thenek@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Kennet I Greenebaum) (10/20/88)

Sorry if this is not the correct board for this.

How do I go about finding a UUCP server/host??
I have moved to the DC area, and would like to hook up a unix box to a
demand based UUCP connection to the rest of the USENET world.
If anybody has suggestions, etc. please send them to thenek@vax1.udel.edu
(my University of D account).

							-thanks, Ken

ps I have posted this only to this board.  Please forward to any more
   appropriate locations.

lmb@vsi1.UUCP (Larry Blair) (10/20/88)

In article <2167@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> thenek@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Kennet I Greenebaum) writes:

>Sorry if this is not the correct board for this.
                                  -----

Says it all, huh?  Gee, I really like this BBS.
--
Larry Blair   ames!vsi1!lmb   lmb%vsi1.uucp@ames.arc.nasa.gov

edm@nwnexus.WA.COM (Ed Morin) (10/23/88)

In article <2167@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> thenek@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Kennet I Greenebaum) writes:

>I have moved to the DC area, and would like to hook up a unix box to a
>demand based UUCP connection to the rest of the USENET world.

Well, one solution would be to sign up with UUNET.  Or, you could sign up
with Northwest Nexus and access it via PC-Pursuit.  This solution would give
you the ability to access many other machines that are long-distance for you
in addition to "nwnexus" for less cost per month than UUNET...

Ed Morin
Northwest Nexus Inc.
"Unix Public Access for the Masses!"
edm@nwnexus.wa.com