[news.admin] Newgroup Messages Missed?

news@itivax.UUCP (Usenet ID) (10/29/88)

We've recently had two new groups show up here repeatedly, but no
newgroup message for them.  Before I further pollute the namespace,
can anyone tell me if
	comp.terminals.bitgraph
	comp.os.aos
are legit?
--
+- Steve Simmons		 ITI News Administrator -+
|  Industrial Technology Institute	 Ann Arbor, MI.  +
+-           "You can't get here from here."            -+

spaf@cs.purdue.edu (Gene Spafford) (11/03/88)

In article <345@itivax.UUCP> news@itivax.UUCP (Usenet ID) writes:
>We've recently had two new groups show up here repeatedly, but no
>newgroup message for them.  Before I further pollute the namespace,
>can anyone tell me if
>	comp.terminals.bitgraph
>	comp.os.aos
>are legit?

Both are "inet" distribution groups and are legit in that distribution.
Someone is leaking them outside "inet".

--
Gene Spafford
NSF/Purdue/U of Florida  Software Engineering Research Center,