From: nagel@paris.icsduci.edu (Mark Nagel)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.soaps
Subject: DOOL: Stefano is ALIVE!!!!!
Date: 5 Nov 88 15:24:06 GMT
g'vTr: news@paris.icsduci.edu

Yippeeee!!  Now we're gonna have some fun!  Friday's ending had to have
been the best I've seen in a very long time.

-Mark "danot -0 da DAH da da da DAH...
--- end returned article ---

It appears that the Path and Message-ID fields (and others as well as
the body) of this article were altered to change a '.' character
to a 'd' somewhere on the path it traveled.  Since paris transmits to
orion and venera immediately, it should never have come back to orion
or even ucsd.  I checked the stored article at venera, and it is OK
there.  From a perfunctory examination, it appears that the site
oliveb did this, since it goes from ames to oliveb and then back to
ames again.  Can anyone suggest why this might have happened?  Should
I contact the newsadmin at oliveb or am I wrong in my conclusions?

Thanks in advance.

Mark Nagel, Usenet Administrator
news@paris.ics.uci.edu		{sdcsvax, ucbvax}!ucivax!news
--