[news.admin] Unneeded Expires: in news articles

erict@flatline.UUCP (j eric townsend) (11/11/88)

Sysadmins at UALTAVM.BITNET (University of Alberta VM/CMS) and
imagine.PAWL.RPI.EDU RPI (Public Access Workstation Lab - Troy, NY)
please note these two articles, one from each site, with completely
unneeded Expires: lines in the header.

the PAWL site has the most offensive Expires:

| Expires: 1-Jan-99 00:00:00 EST
| From: mouser@pawl7.pawl.rpi.edu (Ira K. Blum)
| Newsgroups: rec.games.moria
| Subject: How to play a Mage....
| Date: 26 Oct 88 00:08:16 GMT
| Sender: news@imagine.PAWL.RPI.EDU

I see no reason for an Expires: for a moria spoiler, much less an
Expires: for ~11 years from now...

Likewise, from UALTAVM.BITNET:
Not so bad, but there' still no real reason for doing this...

--
"Watch what we do, not what we say." -- the late John Mitchell
"We are not trying to do anything to overthrow the Nicaraguan government."