[news.admin] Fooey on your cynical, litigious personalities

cl@datlog.co.uk (Charles Lambert) (11/11/88)

In article <5392@saturn.ucsc.edu> vespa@ssyx.ucsc.edu (Adam Alexander Margulies) writes:
>	For all you out there that want to see Morris prosecuted for civil and
>criminal penalties...

or worse!

>...I say grow up! All he did was to bring a little
>stimulation to your otherwise asexual, ruthlessly boring existences.

Yay! Say it again, LOUDER!

Sorry.  I must apologise for that very unBritish outburst,  but I've read
just about all the howling, slavering, vengeful crap I can stand about
What We Should Do To That...That...Oooooo!

I realise that MONEY is far more important than any one person's health
or livelihood,  but haven't we got it off our chests now?

---------
Charlie

This may or may not be the opinion of those nice people that pay my salary.

hbo@sbphy.ucsb.edu (Howard B. Owen) (11/19/88)

In article <920@dlhpedg.co.uk>, cl@datlog.co.uk (Charles Lambert) writes...

>Sorry.  I must apologise for that very unBritish outburst,  but I've read
>just about all the howling, slavering, vengeful crap I can stand about
>What We Should Do To That...That...Oooooo!
>
>I realise that MONEY is far more important than any one person's health
>or livelihood,  but haven't we got it off our chests now?

   Sorry, but I haven't had a chance to get it off MY chest yet. 8-)

   It ain't the money, it's the damage done to the net that turns me into
a spouter of howling, slavering, vengeful crap. There are a spate of new
restrictive proposals on the agendas of various groups involved in network
administration around the US as a result of this escapade. It's going to
take a fight on the part of a lot of people who have better things to do
in order to deflect the worst of these schemes.

  What action should be taken against Morris?  When I consider the huge
number of hours that were expended nationally fighting this thing, and the
vulnerabilities in the internet which were given wide publicity, I hope they
throw the book at this guy!  The weaknesses in the network are, in my opinion,
both inherent and mostly unavoidable, at least for the general case.
Consequently, both budding young systems crackers and small-minded politicians
(and generals and administators) have been given a good opportunity to get evil
thoughts in their heads, and to do things that would tend to hurt the
neato-keen network that we all depend on so heavily. I think Morris really
deserves some time behind bars for his contribution.