[news.admin] Rec.humor.funny is dead, film at 11

msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) (12/08/88)

Well, it seems that JEDR got his way...  I saw this in rec.humor.d,
and thought it oughta be brought over here.
Maybe one of Brad's supporters will come forward and give him a feed?
Mark

--
Mark Smith (alias Smitty) "Be careful when looking into the distance,
RPO 1604; P.O. Box 5063  that you do not miss what is right under your nose."

mike@turing.unm.edu (Michael I. Bushnell) (12/08/88)

In article <Dec.7.20.35.11.1988.22843@topaz.rutgers.edu> msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) writes:

   Well, it seems that JEDR got his way...  I saw this in rec.humor.d,
   and thought it oughta be brought over here.
   Maybe one of Brad's supporters will come forward and give him a feed?
   Mark

We would be *happy* to give Brad a news feed.  New Mexico is a fair
distance from Ontario, but he may want it anyway.  Can anyone tell me
how to get in touch with him to offer him a news feed?

--
Michael I. Bushnell         \  	  This above all; to thine own self be true
HASA - "A" division   GIG!   \    And it must follow, as the night the day,

nyssa@terminus.UUCP (The Prime Minister) (12/08/88)

In article <Dec.7.20.35.11.1988.22843@topaz.rutgers.edu> msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) writes:
>Well, it seems that JEDR got his way...  I saw this in rec.humor.d,
>and thought it oughta be brought over here.

Well, if Brad can read this, according to my understanding of the
laws down here, you will win a law suit for libel and defamation of
character.  Under these circumstances, since JEDR's attacks on your
character have injured your corporate image, I would seriously
advocate such a suit, and would be willing to be a witness.

>Maybe one of Brad's supporters will come forward and give him a feed?

If I could, I would.  (terminus and rolls are both quite full!)

--
James C. Armstrong, Jr		nyssa@terminus.UUCP

jwas@pbhyf.PacBell.COM (J. Wasik) (12/09/88)

>In article <10279@watdragon.waterloo.edu> jyegiguere@lotus.waterloo.edu (Eric Giguere) writes:
>             "Joke editor loses access to computer"

Somewhere there is a fellow laughing at all of us...

--
Joe Wasik - PacBell, 2600 Camino Ramon, 4e750, San Ramon, CA 94583  415-823-2422
	jwas@pbhyf.PacBell.COM or {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!jwas

wcf@psuhcx.psu.edu (Bill Fenner) (12/09/88)

In article <2188@unmvax.unm.edu> mike@turing.unm.edu writes:

|In article <Dec.7.20.35.11.1988.22843@topaz.rutgers.edu> msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) writes:
|
|   Well, it seems that JEDR got his way...  I saw this in rec.humor.d,
|   and thought it oughta be brought over here.
|   Maybe one of Brad's supporters will come forward and give him a feed?
|   Mark
|
|We would be *happy* to give Brad a news feed.  New Mexico is a fair
|distance from Ontario, but he may want it anyway.  Can anyone tell me
|how to get in touch with him to offer him a news feed?

Pennsylvania is a bit closer to Ontario than New Mexico.  I'd be willing to
give Brad a partial feed.  (maybe from my home system, maybe from psuhcx)

  Bill
--
    Bitnet: wcf@psuhcx.bitnet     Bill Fenner     | "Ain't got no cash,
   Internet: wcf@hcx.psu.edu                      |  Ain't got no style

allen@sulaco.Sigma.COM (Allen Gwinn) (12/09/88)

In article <13734@terminus.UUCP> nyssa@terminus.UUCP (The Prime Minister) writes:

>Well, if Brad can read this, according to my understanding of the
>laws down here, you will win a law suit for libel and defamation of
>character.  Under these circumstances, since JEDR's attacks on your
>character have injured your corporate image, I would seriously
>advocate such a suit, and would be willing to be a witness.

Unfortuately, if Brad *could* sue JEDR, JEDR is probably in no way
able to take financial responsibility for his actions.  He might be
able to sue the papers, however.  I would think that this would be
the more appropriate avenue to take.  What about taking up a collection
for a "legal offense" fund?   Anybody game?

--
Allen Gwinn  ...sulaco!allen             Disclaimer: The opinions are my own
"I occasionally have exchanged [racist] jokes in private company, but never

In article <2187@unmvax.unm.edu> mike@turing.unm.edu writes:
>We would be *happy* to give Brad a news feed.  New Mexico is a fair
>distance from Ontario, but he may want it anyway.

Make that two offers if he wants to poll Chicago.

--
Karl Denninger (karl@ddsw1.MCS.COM, ddsw1!karl)
Data: [+1 312 566-8912], Voice: [+1 312 566-8910]
Macro Computer Solutions, Inc.    	"Quality solutions at a fair price"

karl@triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) (12/10/88)

wcf@psuhcx.psu.edu (Bill Fenner) writes:
   |We would be *happy* to give Brad a news feed.  New Mexico is a fair
   |distance from Ontario, but he may want it anyway.  Can anyone tell me
   |how to get in touch with him to offer him a news feed?

   Pennsylvania is a bit closer to Ontario than New Mexico.  I'd be willing to
   give Brad a partial feed.  (maybe from my home system, maybe from psuhcx)

We called Brad (yes, on the *phone* [shock, amazement, that tool of
another age, usable with voices and everything :-]) and offered him a
feed from here.  He said he's gotten several such offers and is
pondering his options for the moment.

--Karl