From: ncreed@ndsuvax.UUCP (W. Reed)
Newsgroups: news.admin
Subject: Need uucp / News connection in Twin Cities (Minnisota)
Date: 9 Dec 88 02:46:41 GMT

[ message text deleted]

#! rnews
---
From: numork@ndsuvax.UUCP (James Mork)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.jewish,news.misc,news.sysadmin
Subject: Re: Anti-Semite witch hunt
Date: 9 Dec 88 03:36:49 GMT

[ message text deleted ]

#! rnews            757

dhp@att.ATT.COM (Price) (12/16/88)

It seems that this occurs when news 2.11 runs out of space in the news
filesystem while unpacking batches.  Intermediate writes may or may
not make it to the disk, causing the byte counts in the #rnews line to
get out of sync.  The solution would be to have the code notice write
errors and give up immediately (preferably in some fault tolerant fashion
that would preserve the data.
--

						Douglas H. Price
						Postmaster, att