[news.admin] Bug Free HDB?

lyndon@auvax.uucp (Lyndon Nerenberg) (01/06/89)

In article <856@mailrus.cc.umich.edu> honey@citi.umich.edu (Peter Honeyman) writes:
>chk@zorac.dciem.dnd.ca asks:
>>So, how do we poor slobs get versions of the software *without* bugs?
>
>you BUY it.
>
>	peter

[ Another typically enlightening response from P. Honeyman. ]

In a prior message, Rick Adams says that AT&T doesn't ship this
bug-free(er) version of HDB. Who do we believe?

The question was "how do binary sites get the updated HDB?"
What I would like to know is: Can a source licensed (SVr3.1)
site obtain the updated version, or obtain a set of diffs?

If the answer is yes, it would be nice if someone could provide some
sort of AT&T part number. SCCS version numbers of the updated code
would also be helpful.

--
Lyndon Nerenberg   Computing Services   Athabasca University
{alberta, attvcr, ncc}!auvax!lyndon  ||  lyndon@nexus.ca