[news.admin] incorrect distribution of news postings

nau@mimsy.UUCP (Dana S. Nau) (01/13/89)

During the last few months, I've seen a _lot_ of articles here on the East
Coast whose distribution was clearly intended to be the San Francisco bay
area.  Is there some kind of bug in the software that handles net
distribution?  Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

< From: kendall@adobe.com (Janice Kendall)
< Newsgroups: misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house,rec.gardens
< Subject: Winter Pruning (Ad)
< Date: 11 Jan 89 19:24:08 GMT
< Sender: news@adobe.COM
<
<
<  ===========================================================
<  ==============  W I NT E R   P R U N I N G  ===============
<  ===========================================================
<
<     *  Fruit Trees                  *  Roses
<     *  Small Trees & Shrubs         *  Flowering Vines
<
<   A thorough winter pruning promotes more productive
<   spring growth.
<                        by Good Earth Landscaping
<                        Call Julie Gates at (415)494-1746
<
<
<  Posted for a friend by
<     Janice Kendall