[news.admin] Sources & Binaries

john@wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) (01/12/89)

    Is it just my site, or hasn't anyone gotten any unix/misc sources
or ibm.pc.binaries in over a month ??   Are the flood gates about the
burst forth with megabytes of stuff all at once ?

					John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: john@wa3wbu.uu.net

hack@merkin.cactus.org (Greg Hackney) (01/14/89)

In article <206@wa3wbu.UUCP> john@wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:

>    Is it just my site, or hasn't anyone gotten any unix/misc sources
>or ibm.pc.binaries in over a month ??   Are the flood gates about the
>burst forth with megabytes of stuff all at once ?

There is a definite problem that needs to be explained by Rich Salz
I suppose. The source code for the Elm mailer distribution was submitted
months ago by the Elm group coordinator, and was supposed to be
distributed around Thanksgiving.  Finally, everyone got tired of waiting,
and it was posted to comp.mail.elm instead.

I know that code is supposed to be checked out before distribution, but
this code was developed and tested by a Usenet team beforehand.
--
Greg