[news.admin] Best of Usenet books

ncoverby@ndsuvax.UUCP (Glen Overby) (02/18/89)

In article <2466@cuuxb.ATT.COM> dlm@cuuxb.UUCP (Dennis L. Mumaugh) writes:
>I'll take my archives of comp.unix.wizards and comp.unix.questions
>and news.announce.newusers and ....  And I'll publish a book on
>Everything You Wanted to Know About UNIX and Were Afraid to Ask.
>I'll include Doug Gwyn's articles about UNIX and System V, and
>Guy Harris' on how things work, and of course John Mashey and
>dmr@alice on how things were in the old days, and the concensus
>on what good coding standards, etc.  Publish the 100 most asked
>UNIX questions.   Hints and kinks for new users.  And not one original
>line of text.   Hmmmm, I wonder if markov3 or mvs@alice is available
>to help?

That selection of groups would probably pretty interesting reading.  I'd
expect it to be better more complete and thus a better reference than my
quota-limited ~News directory.  If you price it decently like I think Brad
did with his jokebook, I think you'd get a lot of buyers.

While we're on this subject, what about Usenix's "Best of Usenet" tape?  I
recall reading that license, and it stated in no uncertain terms that it was
NOT FOR REDISTRIBUTION.

Glen Overby     <ncoverby@plains.nodak.edu>
                uunet!ndsuvax!ncoverby
                ncoverby@ndsuvax (Bitnet)