[news.admin] Trouble connecting UUNET since it moved

mcneill@eplrx7.UUCP (mcneill) (03/12/89)

I have not been able to connect to UUNET since it moved.  I dial, get UUNET's
login banner...send my login and wait for ssword:....I never get that instead
I get UUNET's login banner again.  My chat script has worked for months
without a hitch.  Anybody else having any problems?

Vital stats:

Machine: Sun 3/260 Sun Unix 3.5
Modem: Telebit Trailblazer

My chat script:

uunet	Any cua0 19200 cua0 "" A\dA\dA\dAT\r OK ATX0S50=255S110=0\r \
	OK ATDTuunetnumberhere\r CONNECT \
	"" "" \d\d\r ogin: my-login ssword: my-password

Please address your responses to:

mcneill@louie.udel.edu ...since if it goes to uunet I'll never get it.

Thanks,

--
    Keith D. McNeill              |    E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.
    eplrx7!mcneill@uunet.uu.net   |    Engineering Physics Laboratory

wgb@tntdev.tnt.COM (William G. Bunton) (03/13/89)

In article <222@eplrx7.UUCP> mcneill@eplrx7.UUCP (mcneill) writes:

> I have not been able to connect to UUNET since it moved.  I dial, get UUNET's
> login banner...send my login and wait for ssword:....I never get that instead
> I get UUNET's login banner again.  My chat script has worked for months
> without a hitch.  Anybody else having any problems?

I was about to post and ask the same thing. I have been trying since
early Saturday morning to get in, and am seeing the same problem. I
have received mail from them earlier in the week (but after the move).

> mcneill@louie.udel.edu ...since if it goes to uunet I'll never get it.

Actually, you probably would get it, since the only problem seems to
be dialing in to uunet. Of course, I could never get the response
there to begin with ...

Bill
--
William G. Bunton            wgb@tntdev.tnt.com     {uunet,natinst}!tntdev!wgb
Tools & Techniques, Inc. Austin, TX

mcneill@eplrx7.UUCP (mcneill) (03/14/89)

From article <222@eplrx7.UUCP>, by mcneill@eplrx7.UUCP (mcneill):
> I have not been able to connect to UUNET since it moved.  I dial, get UUNET's
> login banner...send my login and wait for ssword:....I never get that instead
> I get UUNET's login banner again.  My chat script has worked for months
> without a hitch.  Anybody else having any problems?

Well, after some hints from a kind gentleman at NCR (thanks!!) I seem to have
my UUNET feed working.  The trick seems to be to put in a \c in the chat script
after you get CONNECT.

The chat script that seems to work....

uunet   Any cua0 19200 cua0 "" A\dA\dA\dAT\r OK ATX0S50=255S110=0\r \
	OK ATDTuunet-phone-number\r CONNECT\
	\d\c ogin: login-name ssword: password

btw... \c == don't send a new-line.

Thanks folks!