[news.admin] Newgroup creation voting

alan@essex.ac.uk (Stanier A) (04/21/89)

   In any vote for the creation of a new newsgroup, I vote YES. The
news system is a service to our users, and the more newsgroups we can
supply, the better service we are giving.

   Is there any way my YES vote can automatically be counted without
my having to mail it?

                              Alan  M  Stanier
email alan@uk.ac.sx    Essex University Computer Centre       If you do it
tel +44 206-872153        Wivenhoe Park, Colchester,        to excess, it's
FAX +44 206-860585          Essex CO4 3SQ, England           even more fun

dave@viper.Lynx.MN.Org (David Messer) (04/24/89)

In article <872@servax0.ESSEX.AC.UK> alan@essex.ac.uk	 (Stanier A) writes:

 >   In any vote for the creation of a new newsgroup, I vote YES.
 >
 >   Is there any way my YES vote can automatically be counted without
 >my having to mail it?

I can think of a couple of ways:  We could just lower the limit of YES votes
to 99 from 100, or better yet, I could just automatically vote NO to each
new newsgroup, thereby canceling your vote.

Seriously, if you don't care enough about your position (of allowing
all new newsgroups) to read this group and send your vote by mail, I
don't think your opinion (vote) should count for much.
--
Paranoia is just good thinking if    | David Messer       dave@Lynx.MN.Org -or-
everybody IS out to get you.         | Lynx Data Systems  ...!bungia!viper!dave

jwi@lzfme.att.com (Jim Winer @ AT&T, Middletown, NJ) (04/25/89)

In article <2167@viper.Lynx.MN.Org>, dave@viper.Lynx.MN.Org (David Messer) writes:
> In article <872@servax0.ESSEX.AC.UK> alan@essex.ac.uk	 (Stanier A) writes:
>  >
>  >   In any vote for the creation of a new newsgroup, I vote YES.
>  >
>  >   Is there any way my YES vote can automatically be counted without
>  >my having to mail it?
>
> I can think of a couple of ways:  We could just lower the limit of YES votes
> to 99 from 100, or better yet, I could just automatically vote NO to each
> new newsgroup, thereby canceling your vote.

I have tried to vote on one or two newsgroups, but my mail keeps
bouncing. Is there any way I can vote other than posting to
news.admin or asking you to record a YES vote for all new groups?

Jim Winer ..!lzfme!jwi

I believe in absolute freedom of the press.
I believe that freedom of the press is the only protection we have
	from the abuses of power of the church,
	from the abuses of power of the state,
	from the abuses of power of the corporate body, and
	from the abuses of power of the press itself.
Those persons who advocate censorship offend my religion.