[news.admin] news re-post screwup - sorry

cole@unix.SRI.COM (Susan E. Cole) (05/21/89)

I made an error that resulted in a day's worth of news being reposted
from this machine.  I apologize for the trouble and confusion this
caused.

--
- Susan Cole

USENET:  ...!hplabs!sri-unix!cole
ARPA:    cole@unix.sri.com

In article <31988@sri-unix.SRI.COM> cole@sri-unix.ARPA (Susan E. Cole) writes:
> I made an error that resulted in a day's worth of news being reposted
> from this machine.  I apologize for the trouble and confusion this
> caused.
> - Susan Cole

Susan had sent me mail asking if there was anyway of deleting the reposted
messages.  After seeing how many of the disgusting things had come in over-
nite, I made up a little script to send out control messages to delete them.

Hopefully, the pain of ~1000 control messages is less than that of ~1000
messages spread across as assortment of news groups.  I dunno.  Flames
regarding the wisdom of canceling that many posting should be directed to
/dev/null unless they are either unusually imaginative or informative.  8-)

I tried to be careful, but it is possible that some small number of valid
postings made from sri-unix over the weekend also got zapped.  If so, I
apologize for the inconveniece.