From uucp Thu Jun  1 05:10:25 1989
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 89 05:10:20 EDT
From: Mailer-Daemon (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
To: Postmaster

550 comp-unix-ultrix... User unknown

  ----- Message header follows -----
To: comp-unix-ultrix
From: asihub!dan (Dan O'Neill)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.dec,comp.unix.ultrix
Subject: PMAX serial ports
Date: 1 Jun 89 01:48:07 GMT

In article <169@datacube.datacube.com> berger@datacube.datacube.com (Bob Berger) writes:
> I have recently installed news on our sun3 mailhost. Since its been
> up, I get spurious failed mail to comp-unix-ultrix. Any idea of why
> and how to stop this?

These messages typically happen when you have a group still defined as
"moderated" that is no longer moderated.  It is a misfeature of the new
news software that it is over eager to mail any incoming postings to a
moderated group somewhere or other, making changing groups from moderated
to unmoderated a real pain.

Change the group status to unmoderated and the problem will go away -
if you see mail passing thru your system to 'comp-unix-ultrix' one of
your neighbors probably has this problem.