[news.admin] Thousands chinese civilian killed

jmchen@spock.ame.arizona.edu (Who Knows?) (06/04/89)

I am forwarding the following news.

From:	IN%"ywang@ernie.berkeley.edu"  3-JUN-1989 16:49
To:	sjtu@ernie.berkeley.edu
CC:
Subj:	thousands killed

Date: Sat, 3 Jun 89 16:34:59 -0700
From: ywang@ernie.berkeley.edu
Subject: thousands killed
To: sjtu@ernie.berkeley.edu

The situation is Beijing is MUCH WORSE that what is reported
by the media.  A friend of mine just made a phone call to her
brother at Beijing Normal Univ. Her brother said that thousands
have been killed, many of them run over by tanks.
This news is confirmed by an American friend of mine.  His son
is studying at Beijing Univ.  His son called back this morning and asked
his mom (my friend) what has been reported by the media.  she said
60 killed, hundreds injured.  He said MUCH WORSE.  He is trying
to take a tape to Hong Kong.  It may be broadcasted by ABC news
tonight if he can succeed.

In the San Francisco area, we are planning a huge rally tomorrow (6/4) noon
in front of the Chinese Consulate at SF.  Chinese students, Chinese
Americans and American people concerned with the violence in Beijing
will all participate.  I am sure you will have rallies locally.
I urge everyone to participate.  If we don't fight, there is no future
for China or ourselves.

-Yongdong-