From: karl (Karl Denninger)
To: mike@krondor.UUCP
Date: Tue Jun 27 11:55:14 1989

To: mike@krondor.UUCP
Subject: Re: An apology, and a question (about uucp in Germany)
Newsgroups: alt.sources,news.admin

In article <1631@krondor.UUCP> you write:
>Well, we even tried polling a US site directly! But sadly, site
>boulder doesn't appear to be very stable, though I had thought it to
>be an Internet-backbone.

You can poll us direct for free, and redistribute anything you get.

Now whether this will show up on your machine is another matter entirely.

Send email to establish a connection, specify machine type and baud rate you
wish to use.  I'll mail you back connection info, and once you connect
successfully, turn on the feed.

This offer applies to any European site which is currently unable to get a
reasonable feed.  We're reliable, and have feed capacity.

You DO need to be able to use either a Telebit, or a US-spec (Bell protocol)
modem.  If you need CCITT, we can see what can be worked out (it's probably
do-able if you can fix a time for the inbound calls).

--
Karl Denninger (karl@ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 312 566-8911], Voice: [+1 312 566-8910]