[news.admin] Re^2: UUCP in Germany

root@infoac.rmi.de (Operator) (07/01/89)

kenny@felix.UUCP (Kenny `ophidiomaniac' Paul) writes:

>Through the proper channels, our German office was able to get a 1200
>baud modem that had no problem speaking to our Racal-Vadics.  The
>bigger problem was the poor quality of the phone lines.

>They (Germany) had been waiting over nine months to get the modem,
>and it was evident within minutes that there was no way we could
>transfer large amounts of data.  It took a while to convince my
>German associate of this.

>Ya gotta love that there Bundespost!

>Regards,    Kenny
>hplabs!felix!kenny

You can buy modem for 1200/2400 Bauds here in Germany legally,
Post approved. You can get them immediately (we have them in stock).
Price is higher than those fine Taiwan modems. (abt. 4 times)

TODAY: Bundespost has split into three 'individual' organizations.
We will also have a new class of approvements for modems and other
accessories. Just only declaring not beeing harming the telephone network.
This will show up within the next months. So things change also here..

Rupert

My opinion may be the opinion of my company.
uucp: rmohr@infoac.rmi.de		FAX: 49 241 3 28 22