[news.admin] Re^2: What newsreaders are there out there?

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (07/04/89)

dg@lakart.UUCP (David Goodenough) writes:

>In article <698@biar.UUCP> trebor@biar.UUCP (Robert J Woodhead) writes:
>>Having puttered around the net for the last couple of months, I have become
>>more and more dissatisfied with the newsreading software I am using (rn).

[deleted]
>Just my $0.02 worth - BTW I'm going to be real interested in how this
>nn thing behaves: I have it all saved away, but haven't bothered to
>unpack and make it yet.

I have gotten  nn  working on SCO Xenix.  I am rapidly becoming a
convert.  It runs much faster than anything else due to its own
database, and presents a menu of articles to choose from.  Being a total
novice at  nn  I cannot comment on anything else, except to say that for
a while I was running rn and nn at the same time to compare (and to
prove to myself that everything was working properly).  I have just
stopped using rn, and don't think I will use it again except for special
cases.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon