From: fair@Apple.COM (Erik E. Fair)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.computers,comp.lang.forth
Subject: Re: Real programmers
Date: 15 Jul 89 19:29:25 GMT

In the referenced article, aj-mberg@dasys1.UUCP (Micha Berger) writes:
>Real programmers use FORTH, and know that cc's main significance is its use in
>TV guide to tell deaf people their bosex will put text on the bottom of the
>screen.

Forth is Lisp, badly reimplemented on inadequate hardware by an
astronomer who didn't know what he was doing.

	nyah!

	Erik

--
Marc de Groot (KG6KF)                   These ARE my employer's opinions!
Noe Systems, San Francisco

jbuck@epimass.EPI.COM (Joe Buck) (07/18/89)

In article <652@noe.UUCP> marc@noe.UUCP (Marc de Groot) writes:
>Erik Fair recently posted the article below to comp.lang.forth.  I would
>be very interested to know just what motivated him to modify the
>about netiquette in high esteem.  Does this message indicate that my
>judgement of him was incorrect?

No, the message is probably a forgery, posted by someone who wants to
make Erik look bad.  We've had a rash of these lately, like the newgroup
message for alt.maroney, allegedly (but obviously not) from Tim Maroney.
.
.
--
-- Joe Buck	jbuck@epimass.epi.com, uunet!epimass.epi.com!jbuck

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (07/18/89)

In article <652@noe.UUCP> marc@noe.UUCP (Marc de Groot) writes:
>Erik Fair recently posted the article below to comp.lang.forth.  I would
>be very interested to know just what motivated him to modify the
>about netiquette in high esteem.  Does this message indicate that my
>judgement of him was incorrect?

[terribly amusing article deleted]

No. It indicates that your sense of humor fell off.

And just what did you expect news.admin to do about it ?

--
                           He's T*d, Jim.
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

john@frog.UUCP (John Woods) (07/19/89)

In article <652@noe.UUCP>, marc@noe.UUCP (Marc de Groot) writes:
I> Erik Fair recently posted the article below to comp.lang.forth.  I would
t> be very interested to know just what motivated him to modify the

I think he was attempting to get people's goats in bulk.  I think he has
succeeded.  Crossposting to comp.lang.forth does seem to have been in bad
taste, but after all, what do you expect from someone who likes vi?
--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (508) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, john@frog.UUCP, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw@eddie.mit.edu

david@ms.uky.edu (David Herron -- One of the vertebrae) (07/19/89)

That article reeks of net.sarcasm ... it's cross-posted to
the religion.computers group which is ok for what he said.
(Kinda like cross posting flames to alt.flame).  The sarcasm
comes in with the followups-to abortion and saying "nyah" at
the end.

I'd say there's a non-zero chance it's a forgery made, say, if/when
he left a terminal logged in at a publlic place.
--
<- David Herron; an MMDF guy                              <david@ms.uky.edu>
<- ska: David le casse\*'      {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!david, david@UKMA.BITNET