From: sra@lcs.mit.edu (Rob Austein)
Newsgroups: rec.music.folk
Subject: Re: Whatever became of Tom Lehrer
Date: 15 Aug 89 19:59:29 GMT
Sender: daemon@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu (Lucifer Maleficius)

You may recall the song about Werner von Braun, from "That Was The
Year That Was."  Well, von Braun succesfully sued Lehrer for slander.
One of the terms of the judgement was some kind of attachment on
Lehrer's future earnings as a songwriter/performer, to be paid to von
Braun, which Lehrer is apparently (and understandably) not terribly
interested in paying.  Lehrer has not performed or recorded since
then, and as far as I know is teaching at UC Santa Cruz.

--Rob Austein, MIT

From: sra@lcs.mit.edu (Rob Austein)
Newsgroups: rec.music.folk
Date: 15 Aug 89 19:58:07 GMT
Sender: daemon@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu (Lucifer Maleficius)

You may recall the song about Werner von Braun, from "That Was The
Year That Was."  Well, von Braun succesfully sued Leher for slander.
One of the terms of the judgement was some kind of attachment on
Leher's future earnings as a songwriter/performer, to be paid to von
Braun, which Leher is apparently (and understandably) not terribly
interested in paying.  Leher has not performed or recorded since then,
and as far as I know is teaching at UC Santa Cruz.

--Rob Austein, MIT

Alan  M  Stanier	*            Copyright 1989 Alan M Stanier
email alan@essex.ac.uk	|   University of Essex, Colchester CO4 3SQ, England
voice +44 206-872153	|  Should you understand this article, please contact
  fax +44 206-860585    |    me. I shall gladly explain it until you don't.