[news.admin] newgroup sci.skeptic

tale@pawl.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) (08/30/89)

In <3466@yunexus.UUCP> news@yunexus.UUCP (Where all the news go) writes:
> Control: newgroup sci.skeptic

>               This is the newsgroup sci. skeptic. As you can see
>           from the posted vote tallies, the group passed
>           admirably despite the protestations of a few.

Neither I nor two neighbouring admins seem to have received these
posted vote tallies, but our machine was admittedly screwed for half a
day so it could have been lost in that window.

Would someone please clear up the Mystery of the Missing Vote Tallies?
From the questions I've seen in news.groups apparently a few other
people never saw the vote outcome either.
--
 (setq mail '("tale@pawl.rpi.edu" "tale@itsgw.rpi.edu" "tale@rpitsmts.bitnet"))

In <3466@yunexus.UUCP> news@yunexus.UUCP (Where all the news go) writes:
> Control: newgroup sci.skeptic

>               This is the newsgroup sci. skeptic. As you can see
>           from the posted vote tallies, the group passed
>           admirably despite the protestations of a few.

Wait a second. I was going to say that it almost missed under the 100 NO
vote margin, but I just checked the guidelines and didn't see that limit
listed. When did it get removed? And why?
--
Peter da Silva, *NIX support guy @ Ferranti International Controls Corporation.
Biz: peter@ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180. Fun: peter@sugar.hackercorp.com. `-_-'

bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells) (09/01/89)

In article <5936@ficc.uu.net> peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
: Wait a second. I was going to say that it almost missed under the 100 NO
: vote margin, but I just checked the guidelines and didn't see that limit
: listed. When did it get removed? And why?

I believe your memory is in error. I don't think that that margin
ever made it into the guidelines. I do have a vague memory of its
being discussed but I don't think anything ever came of it.

---
bill@twwells.com