[news.admin] Problem with articles posted to comp.mail.maps

tar@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Tim Ramsey) (09/05/89)

I've been noticing problems with articles posted to comp.mail.maps over
the last few weeks.  Sometimes, articles are rejected with the error message
"inews: Not contributor: posted by pleasant@rutgers, and you are
uucpmap@rutgers.rutgers.edu".  The article is then placed in the maps
spool directory, but it is not sent on to any downstream sites, nor is
the superseded article canceled.

I've appended the headers from two u.usa.ks.1 maps.  The first article
is canceled by the second.  However, the second article was rejected
with the above error message.  The difference between the two is the
second does not have a Sender: header.

Is this a problem with my news system, the poster's news system, or what?

I'm running B 2.11.17, using the dbz package.

Thanks for any help.

(I've wrapped the Path: headers)
] From: uucpmap@rutgers.rutgers.edu (UUCP Mapping Project)
] Newsgroups: comp.mail.maps
] Subject: UUCP map for u.usa.ks.1
] Date: 29 Aug 89 10:48:04 GMT
] Expires: 13 Oct 89 10:48:03 GMT
] Sender: pleasant@rutgers.rutgers.edu
] Supersedes: <Aug.28.12.50.03.1989.23974@rutgers.rutgers.edu>

] From: uucpmap@rutgers.rutgers.edu (UUCP Mapping Project)
] Newsgroups: comp.mail.maps
] Date: 4 Sep 89 06:49:29 GMT
] Expires: 19 Oct 89 06:49:28 GMT
] Supersedes: <Aug.29.06.48.03.1989.7219@rutgers.rutgers.edu>

--
 - VAX it to me at -              Dept. of Computing and Information Sciences
BITNET:   tar@KSUVAX1                       Kansas State University