[news.admin] Question for smart people

In article <Jul.18.23.33.57.1989.6093@topaz.rutgers.edu> wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) writes:
[...something I knew I'd read before...]

Wow.  Wouldja get a load of the date in that attributed article number,
and the path for this sucker:

55 days and nineteen hops.  Just to get from Rutgers to BU.  Must be a record.

				--Blair
				  "Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis
				   has left the building."

news@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Network News) (09/13/89)

>In article <Jul.18.23.33.57.1989.6093@topaz.rutgers.edu> ...
>Wow.  Wouldja get a load of the date in that attributed article number,
>and the path for this sucker:

>55 days and nineteen hops.  Just to get from Rutgers to BU.  Must be a record.

	No, the article being replied to was reposted 49 days later by tropix.
We, the Western NY news administrators, have tried to educate this site and
have apparently failed.  So, flames to tropix!root and don't spare the gasoline.

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (09/13/89)

In article <4118@buengc.BU.EDU> bph@buengc.bu.edu (Blair P. Houghton) writes:

>In article <Jul.18.23.33.57.1989.6093@topaz.rutgers.edu> wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) writes:
>[...something I knew I'd read before...]
>
>Wow.  Wouldja get a load of the date in that attributed article number,
>and the path for this sucker:

>55 days and nineteen hops.  Just to get from Rutgers to BU.  Must be a record.

Oh, it happens all the time.  Peregrine and Ccicpg are both here in
Southern California.

The article was simply on vacation for a week, and went to Disneyland.

--
          ``Perpetual Savings and Loan is closed''  --  L.A. Times
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

jay@splut.conmicro.com (Jay Maynard) (09/13/89)

In article <3003@ur-cc.UUCP> news@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Network News) writes:
>>55 days and nineteen hops.  Just to get from Rutgers to BU.  Must be a record.
>	No, the article being replied to was reposted 49 days later by tropix.
>We, the Western NY news administrators, have tried to educate this site and
>have apparently failed.  So, flames to tropix!root and don't spare the gasoline.

What, exactly, is tropix doing to cause these old netnews articles from
hell to reappear long after they should have gone to their reward?

If you've tried to educate him into being a good neighbor and have
failed, why is he still connected?

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jay@splut.conmicro.com       (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.

tim@attdso.att.com (Tim J Ihde) (09/14/89)

In article <2887@splut.conmicro.com> jay@splut.conmicro.com (Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard) writes:

>In article <3003@ur-cc.UUCP> news@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Network News) writes:
>>	No, the article being replied to was reposted 49 days later by tropix.
>>We, the Western NY news administrators, have tried to educate this site and
>>have apparently failed.

>If you've tried to educate him into being a good neighbor and have
>failed, why is he still connected?

Or, at least, do the rest of the net a favor and use /tropix in your sys
file to keep the bloody things from spreading like the plauge.  This has
been going on for months now, and wasn't even fun the first time!

--
Tim J Ihde				INTERNET:   tim@attdso.att.com
(201) 898-6687				UUCP:	    att!attdso!tim