[news.admin] Netwide newgroups I've never heard of before

" Maynard) (09/17/89)

I've gotten three newgroups for groups I've never heard of before:
comp.os.aos, comp.protocols.pup, and comp.lang.lisp.x. I don't recall
seeing these as inet groups, but they may be.

They were all sent from larouch!root.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jay@splut.conmicro.com       (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.

tale@pawl.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) (09/17/89)

In <2895@splut.conmicro.com> jay@splut.conmicro.com (Jay Maynard) writes:
Jay> I've gotten three newgroups for groups I've never heard of
Jay> before: comp.os.aos, comp.protocols.pup, and comp.lang.lisp.x. I
Jay> don't recall seeing these as inet groups, but they may be.

All three are inet groups; the control messages, however, were C News
escapees.

comp.lang.lisp.x	The XLISP language system.
comp.os.aos		Topics related to Data General's AOS/VS.
comp.protocols.pup	The Xerox PUP network protocols.

Dave
--
 (setq mail '("tale@pawl.rpi.edu" "tale@itsgw.rpi.edu" "tale@rpitsmts.bitnet"))