[news.admin] The nuking of a fool's article

karl@godiva.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) (09/19/89)

Until I forged the cancellation of it, the following article existed:

    ----------------
From: dos-equis@euug-conf.eu.net (Four Ex)
Newsgroups: euug-conf.gossip,news.announce.important
Subject: Dos Equis in Vienna
Date: 19 Sep 89 13:12:43 GMT
Sender: netnews@euug-conf.EU.net

Did you know you can't get Dos Equis in Vienna?  Here I need a case,
and there's none to be found!  If you can help, send mail to
        dos-equis@euug-conf.eu.net

I'm sure that the standards community will be particularly helful
with this problem.
    ----------------

You'd think that forging articles was some kind of major intellectual
feat or something.

--Karl

werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (09/20/89)

> You'd think that forging articles was some kind of major intellectual
> feat or something.

	ah, come on;  it is - the first time around.  and if anyone tries
	to fight it, it may become a continued challenge - but if everyone
	ignores it, or gives a quick, blasse smile.... <poof>, the thrill is
	gone.

	and I had actually hoped that all the old hands would know to
	just cooly ignore the article .... <sigh> ....

	on the other hand, knowing my Germans, I could just see the
	outrage and fury with which some of them surely would react
	to this little joke ... so, how about it, can we show them how
	easy it is to quietly ignore the little baby-hackers?!?

--
      ----------->   PREFERED RETURN-ADDRESS FOLLOWS   <--------------

  (ARPA)    werner@rascal.ics.utexas.edu   (Internet: 128.83.144.1)
  (UUCP)    ..!utastro!werner   or  ..!uunet!rascal.ics.utexas.edu!werner