[news.admin] More strange duplicates

tale@pawl.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) (09/22/89)

Todd Day <todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us> asked me to mention this here.
We got his introductory article to comp.dsp twice due to the addition
of one character to his Message-ID:.  The diffs are:

imagine:tale (62) diff /usenet/spool/comp/dsp/{1,2}
5c5
Exit 1

That was it, the only differences.  The sites which might have caused
this are:

Todd says that he didn't send out the article twice and that only one
copy appears in his spool directory.  Perhaps people at gem, apple and
anise can report on how many copies they have.

Dave
--
 (setq mail '("tale@pawl.rpi.edu" "tale@itsgw.rpi.edu" "tale@rpitsmts.bitnet"))

alden@gem.mps.ohio-state.edu (Dave Alden) (09/22/89)

#
#Todd says that he didn't send out the article twice and that only one
#copy appears in his spool directory.  Perhaps people at gem, apple and
#anise can report on how many copies they have.

I've got the exact same duplicates.  Odd...

...dave
--
 Dave Alden, System Programmer  MaBellNet: (614) 292-4962
 Department of Mathematics      Internet:  alden@shape.mps.ohio-state.edu

coolidge@brutus.cs.uiuc.edu (John Coolidge) (09/22/89)

alden@gem.mps.ohio-state.edu (Dave Alden) writes:
>In article <1989Sep22.071325.6146@rpi.edu> tale@pawl.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) writes:
># [duplicate articles]
>#5c5
>#
>#Todd says that he didn't send out the article twice and that only one
>#copy appears in his spool directory.  Perhaps people at gem, apple and
>#anise can report on how many copies they have.

I have the same dups as well. Both came down the same path:

So it's gotta be one of apple or anise, unless ivucsb generated the
dup without storing it locally...

--John

John L. Coolidge     Internet:coolidge@cs.uiuc.edu   UUCP:uiucdcs!coolidge
Of course I don't speak for the U of I (or anyone else except myself)
Copyright 1989 John L. Coolidge. Copying allowed if (and only if) attributed.
You may redistribute this article if and only if your recipients may as well.

scott@rdahp.UUCP (Scott Hammond) (09/23/89)

In article <1989Sep22.071325.6146@rpi.edu> tale@pawl.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) writes:
>Todd Day <todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us> asked me to mention this here.
>We got his introductory article to comp.dsp twice due to the addition
>of one character to his Message-ID:.  The diffs are:

I also have both articles:

--
Scott Hammond,  R & D Associates, Marina del Rey, CA  (213) 822-1715
: {tah386,randvax,ladcgw,<site-with-router>}!rdahp!scott

dg@lakart.UUCP (David Goodenough) (09/29/89)

tale@pawl.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) sez:
> Todd Day <todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us> asked me to mention this here.
> We got his introductory article to comp.dsp twice due to the addition
> of one character to his Message-ID:.  The diffs are:
>
> imagine:tale (62) diff /usenet/spool/comp/dsp/{1,2}
> 5c5
> Exit 1
>
> That was it, the only differences.  The sites which might have caused
> this are:

I'd rule out rpi and gem.mps.ohio-state.edu: see the following:
1c1

Where the !...! portion of both paths is the same (!cfisun!ima!spdcc! for the
pathologically curious)

So, what have the people at apple and anise to say for themselves??
--
	dg@lakart.UUCP - David Goodenough		+---+