[news.admin] Bandwidth Wasters Hall of Fame for alt.aquaria

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (09/23/89)

In article <13760@well.UUCP> xanthian@well.UUCP (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:

>                         BANDWIDTH WASTERS HALL OF FAME
>                                 for articles in
>                           /usr/spool/news/alt/aquaria
>                          Fri Sep 22 05:00:26 PDT 1989

If anybody finds this mildy annoyingm I suggest you drop a line to
``xanthian@well'' expressing your delight upon finding such useless
and redundent information wasting bandwidth.

For best results, send a cc: to ``root@well'', and use your computers
mail program, not the news program for a better chance of your mail
getting there.

--
                           Free Zsa Zsa
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (09/26/89)

In article <20191@gryphon.COM> oleg@gryphon.COM (Oleg Kiselev) writes:
>I have just sent the following letter to Kent Paul Dolan (the cretin who
>posted this expression of post-job-loss psychosis), root@well and
>postmaster@well.

I'll see you one letter and raise you one phone call.

K*nt won't be doing that again for a while. The Well, unlike
Portal, monitors it's users posts by having all of them (all
of them ?!?) go through managements mailbox. K*nt did this on
a day when they were out of town.

Ball in your court, K*nt.

--
                           Free Zsa Zsa
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

xanthian@well.UUCP (Kent Paul Dolan) (09/28/89)

another in his long list of attempts to get users with whom he has
disagreements tossed off their systems, and splatters it all over a bunch of
innocent newsgroups:

In article <20142@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>In article <13760@well.UUCP> xanthian@well.UUCP (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:
>>
>>                         BANDWIDTH WASTERS HALL OF FAME
>>                                 for articles in
>>                           /usr/spool/news/alt/aquaria
>>                          Fri Sep 22 05:00:26 PDT 1989
>
>If anybody finds this mildy annoyingm I suggest you drop a line to
>``xanthian@well'' expressing your delight upon finding such useless
>and redundent information wasting bandwidth.
>
>For best results, send a cc: to ``root@well'', and use your computers
>mail program, not the news program for a better chance of your mail
>getting there.
>
>--
>                           Free Zsa Zsa
>richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

Actually, if you suffer from Richard's anal retentive mindset and
generic response "cut off his net access" to every posting not
agreeing 100% with his point of view, you can make your inadequacies
known much more rapidly to the interested party by doing the job
right.

Send flames, lawyers, guns, money to:

		postmaster@well.sf.ca.us
or (same guy)
		dhawk@well.sf.ca.us

Tell him xanthian sent you.

well!xanthian xanthian@well.sf.ca.us
Kent, the man from xanth, now just another echo from The Well.

In article <13849@well.UUCP> xanthian@well.UUCP (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:
>In article <20142@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>>In article <13760@well.UUCP> xanthian@well.UUCP (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:
>>>
>>>                         BANDWIDTH WASTERS HALL OF FAME
>>
>>If anybody finds this mildy annoyingm I suggest you drop a line to
>>``xanthian@well'' expressing your delight upon finding such useless
>>For best results, send a cc: to ``root@well''
>
>[...] much more rapidly to the interested party by doing the job right.
>		postmaster@well.sf.ca.us
>		dhawk@well.sf.ca.us
>Tell him xanthian sent you.

Except for one thing:

    From: apple!well!xanthian@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Kent Paul Dolan)
    To: bph@buengc.BU.EDU, apple!well!xanthian@ames.arc.nasa.gov
    Subject: Re: Bandwidth Wasters Hall of Fame for comp.lang.c

    The sum total of the "censure" to which my account has been subject:
    | Kent, I'm logging out, so take it easy on the net tonight.  I don't
    | want the WELL to get too much attention all at one time.  Space it
    | out, please.
    Kent, the man from xanth, now just another echo from The Well.

Indicates that you're not exactly their favorite kid.  I wonder how
much they'd enjoy a _real_ letter-writing campaign, each one with
magabytes of your wastrel postings and verbal abscesses appended for
evidence.

I don't suppose you'd be appreciative of it, either.

				--Blair
				  "Now just what was that
				   FAX number, again?"

dave@condor.HAC.COM (Dave England) (09/30/89)

Can this discussion please leave alt.aquaria!

Hughes Aircraft Co.	    voice:  (213) 616-0847
Signal Processing Lab	    smart:  dave@tcville.edsg.hac.com
PO Box 902, EO/E53/E250	    dumb:   dave%tcville@hac2arpa.hac.com
El Segundo, CA 90245	    uucp:   hacgate!tcville!dave

ckd@bu-pub.bu.edu (Christopher Davis) (10/01/89)

On 28 Sep 89 02:54:21 GMT,
xanthian@well.UUCP (K*nt Paul Dolan) said:

K*nt> In response to a single article in an alt group, Richard Sexton makes
K*nt> yet another in his long list of attempts to get users with whom he
K*nt> has disagreements tossed off their systems, and splatters it all over
K*nt> a bunch of innocent newsgroups:

"A bunch of innocent newsgroups"?  Hmm... let me start a list:

news.groups
alt.sources
alt.aquaria
talk.bizarre
soc.men
[partial list only]

These *and many more* got "Bandwidth Wasters Hall of Flame" postings.  From
K*nt.  *Not* from Richard.

"one article in an alt group"?  news.groups is hardly an alt group.

K*nt, wake up.  If you still can.  If not, I'm sure PSUVM is looking for
more twits to give accounts to.
--
  Christopher Davis, BU SMG '90  <ckd@bu-pub.bu.edu>  <smghy6c@buacca.bitnet>
"Any quote short enough to be put in a .signature is too short to be any good."