[news.admin] newgroup comp.hypercube

tale@pawl.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) (10/14/89)

In <42@prosys.se> news@prosys.se (news) writes:
news> Control: newgroup comp.hypercube
news> Approved: news@prosys.se

news> Massively parallel systems: hardware & software. (Moderated)

Could someone please identify this group for me, and perhaps its
status as a netwide group?  I don't have it in lib/newsgroups or
lib/active (well, _now_ it's in active), and I don't see it mentioned
in Gene's lists of the "normal" USENET and the inet distribution.  I
was going to post an rmgroup for it because it came in with all the
other errors that news@prosys.se made and I thought the group was
comp.sys.hypercube.  There is, however, no *.hypercube group at all in
any of the lists I have.  Should a global rmgroup go out?

Dave
--
 (setq mail '("tale@pawl.rpi.edu" "tale@itsgw.rpi.edu" "tale@rpitsmts.bitnet"))

tale@pawl.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) (10/17/89)

I've now seen three people on the net question the validity of this
group, but I've seen no replies.  Could someone please comment (and
preferably send the rmgroup, as I expect it needs) as to whether it
went through the newsgroup creation guidelines.  Maybe Gene or Greg or
Chuq could send the rmgroup if it is indeed bogus.
--
 (setq mail '("tale@pawl.rpi.edu" "tale@itsgw.rpi.edu" "tale@rpitsmts.bitnet"))

woods@ncar.ucar.edu (Greg Woods) (10/17/89)

In article <1989Oct17.045353.1921@rpi.edu> tale@pawl.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) writes:
>I've now seen three people on the net question the validity of this
>group, but I've seen no replies.

>Maybe Gene or Greg or
>Chuq could send the rmgroup if it is indeed bogus.

  The group was in my active file, but I had no moderator address for it.
So I didn't *know* if it was bogus or not. But Gene has just sent around
an rmgroup for it, so I have removed it on my system. hypercube postings
should go to comp.parallel

--Greg