[news.admin] Group Creation

jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) (11/15/89)

The 2/3 majority and 100-NO-vote-veto will not be necessary if
we can separate group birth from group christening.  As has been
pointed out multitimes, most significant naysaying is a result
of bad naming.

Yes, the system failed in this case, assuming the vote count
was (ahem) accurate.  But this one failure does not mean the
Death of the Net, altho, judging from Richard's last posting,
it might mean the Death of Richard if his apoplexy proves fatal.

Jeff Daiell

BTW #1, I support Peter's call for a news.groups.puns.  But how
about a comp.org.ieee.puns, too?  I think they could use the
levity.

BTW #2, I'm not going to reply to Lori's last posting.  Let
some other boas and girls continue that thread.

Irony: 213 years after the start of the American Revolution,
it's easier for opposition parties to get on the ballot
in England than in most States of our own Union.

--
           "'Tis not too late to seek a newer world."

                           -- Alfred, Lord Tennyson

hougen@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Dean Hougen) (11/17/89)

In article <6977@ficc.uu.net> jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:
>Yes, the system failed in this case, assuming the vote count
>was (ahem) accurate.  But this one failure does not mean the
>Jeff Daiell

Accurate enough.  Get off this point crybaby.  Grow up.  Live with it.

(BTW: Have you noticed that on most of your postings the volume is >75%
blank lines and moronic "ironies" that have nothing to do with this group,
the previous postings to the group, or even the people that have been
posting to the group.  And they say the sci.aquarists are stealing bandw.)

Dean