[news.admin] world!hacker

bzs@world.std.com (Barry Shein) (11/28/89)

>From: superman@sys.uea.ac.uk (System Admin)
>Newsgroups: comp.lang.fortran
>Subject: help
>Date: 26 Nov 89 19:22:52 GMT
>
>Appeal for all hackers and student organizations in world.
>Please, give morality help and solidarity
>for Czechoslovak students.
>Regards, Friendly hacker. (anon)

This note was sent to a zillion groups individually (not even
cross-posted.)

THIS PERSON HAS NO ACCOUNT ON WORLD, NEVER HAS, NEVER WILL, we've
never heard of him/her/it.

The Reply-To: is either forged or there's some local machine somewhere
calling itself world.

I am getting a lot of reply traffic which is just bouncing. No big
deal but if you were about to, don't bother. S/he's not here and we
know nothing more about it than you do.

If you want to try to send mail to gripe try using the From: address:

	superman@sys.uea.ac.uk

or postmaster@sys.uea.ac.uk or whatever but my tendency would be to
assume that what needs to be done is being done and there's no need to
clutter the cross-pond link pointing out that this is obnoxious
behavior, I think it's obvious.

It would be nice to hear from someone who does know what the status is
of this.
--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die, Purveyors to the Trade         | bzs@world.std.com
1330 Beacon St, Brookline, MA 02146, (617) 739-0202 | {xylogics,uunet}world!bzs