[news.admin] followup

j649139g@edinboro.edu (11/06/89)

sccm@tcistl2.UUCP (Mason) (01/13/90)

In article <2729@lll-lcc.UUCP> sam@lll-lcc.UUCP (Sam Mendicino) writes:

>LLNL apologizes for the tone and content of the bulletin message
>transmitted on or about January 10, 1990 regarding women in the
>workplace.  The message was inappropriate and does not reflect the
>Laboratory's committment to ensuring a non-discriminatory environment
>for all employees.  Steps are underway to correct the transmission source.

While I am sure everyone appreciates LLNL's concern about the nature of
the comments made (whatever they were), I, for one, am significantly more
interested in exactly how the Labs will go about "correcting" the
transmission source.  Given the broad scope of the talents available at
the Labs, one's immagination can run amuck.  In the interest of providing
a significant contribution to system administrators everywhere, I hope
the Labs will maintain precise records of the specific procedures and
techniques utilized, with detailed notes of any specialized equipment
required.  Once the procedure(s) is/are proven to be successful, then I
believe a complete posting with wide distribution would be appropriate.