[news.admin] Bogus rmgroup for alt.rock-n-roll.metal

news@puzzle.UUCP (newshound) (01/14/90)

I'm ignoring this rmgroup message:

> From: turd@commode.UUCP (Thuh Turd)
[ control content deleted ]
> What a bunch of whining losers.

> Alt.hackers is next.

I guess that this kind of thing has to be allowable if alt is to stay
open.
How much of the address is forged?
-- Bob
attctc!puzzle!bei

tp@mccall.uucp (01/17/90)

In article <128@puzzle.UUCP>, news@puzzle.UUCP (newshound) writes:
> How much of the address is forged?

Probably only the stuff after ucbvax. If you look in alt.rock-n-roll.metal
at the last week of traffic, you'll see that most of it is a major
flame-fest initiated by Gene Ward Smith of Berkeley, so I'm reasonably sure
he's the one that sent the rmgroup. That would indicate that ucbvax is
probably genuine.
--
Terry Poot (800)255-2762, in Kansas (913)776-4041
The McCall Pattern Company, 615 McCall Rd., Manhattan, KS 66502, USA

wisner@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Bill Wisner) (01/20/90)

In article <128@puzzle.UUCP> news@puzzle.UUCP (newshound) writes:

>I'm ignoring this rmgroup message:

We don't care. Ignore it and leave us alone.

w.

gsmith@garnet.berkeley.edu (Gene W. Smith) (01/22/90)

In article <1978.25b45015@mccall.uucp>, tp@mccall writes:
>In article <128@puzzle.UUCP>, news@puzzle.UUCP (newshound) writes:

>Probably only the stuff after ucbvax. If you look in alt.rock-n-roll.metal
>at the last week of traffic, you'll see that most of it is a major
>flame-fest initiated by Gene Ward Smith of Berkeley, so I'm reasonably sure
>he's the one that sent the rmgroup.

  In case anyone really believed this nit-wit, no I didn't.
--
ucbvax!garnet!gsmith          Gene Ward Smith/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
"I am quite prepared to prove in court that I am neither stupid nor insane."