[news.admin] "Unparseable date" error from expire

tkevans@fallst.UUCP (Tim Evans) (01/06/90)

I've been seeing a bunch of error messages like the following in my
news errlog lately.  (What's shown is one line, but has been broken
up for display here.)  Should I be concerned?

Jan  5 22:10	news	expire: : Unparsable date "11/25/89 05:20	\
comp.mail.misc/1518 comp.mail.uucp/2343 comp.unix.questions/10123 \
comp.mail.sendmail/1102 new<18556@watdragon.waterloo.edu>	\
11/25/89 05:23"
--
UUCP:		{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!woodb!fallst!tkevans
INTERNET:	tkevans@wb3ffv.ampr.org

gst@spdcc.COM (Gary Trujillo) (01/20/90)

In article <1556@fallst.UUCP> tkevans@fallst.UUCP (Tim Evans) writes:
> I've been seeing a bunch of error messages like the following in my
> news errlog lately...
>
> Jan  5 22:10	news	expire: : Unparsable date "11/25/89 05:20	\
> comp.mail.misc/1518 comp.mail.uucp/2343 comp.unix.questions/10123 \
> comp.mail.sendmail/1102 new<18556@watdragon.waterloo.edu>	\
> 11/25/89 05:23"

Well, I was just about to post the following article when I spotted
Tim's.  Since my problem differes from his only in that I don't get
a list of actual news articles, I thought I'd post my report as a