[news.admin] Is it time to rmgroup comp.sources.unix?

lmb@vicom.com (Larry Blair) (02/05/90)

Is there any point to c.s.u?  After producing very fitfully for over a year,
it has been dormant for over three months now.  Has Rich $alz resigned, or is
he just to busy for the job?  Is it time to find a new moderator?  How about
Brandon Allberry?

Enquiring minds want to know!
--
Larry Blair   ames!vsi1!lmb   lmb@vicom.com

baur@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Steven L. Baur) (02/05/90)

From article <1990Feb5.001822.3553@vicom.com>, by lmb@vicom.com (Larry Blair):
> Is there any point to c.s.u?  After producing very fitfully for over a year,
> it has been dormant for over three months now.  Has Rich $alz resigned, or is
> he just to busy for the job?  Is it time to find a new moderator?  How about
> Brandon Allberry?
  ^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

Good choice.  I wish to see a lot more source of c.s.u and I know that it is
getting there.  Maybe if we asked Brandon very nicely he would take over?

--
steve	baur@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM
A computer which cannot run GNU emacs is not worth using.

billd@fps.com (Bill Davidson) (02/06/90)

In article <1990Feb5.001822.3553@vicom.com> lmb@vicom.com (Larry Blair) writes:
>Is there any point to c.s.u?  After producing very fitfully for over a year,
>it has been dormant for over three months now.  Has Rich $alz resigned, or is
>he just to busy for the job?  Is it time to find a new moderator?  How about
>Brandon Allberry?

What's the big deal?  c.s.u is always like this.  It goes dormant for
months and then a ton of stuff gets posted over a week or two and then
it goes dormant again.  Personally, I like it that way.

--Bill Davidson

david@indetech.com (David Kuder) (02/06/90)

In article <1990Feb5.001822.3553@vicom.com> lmb@vicom.com (Larry Blair) writes:
>Is there any point to c.s.u?  After producing very fitfully for over a year,
>it has been dormant for over three months now.  Has Rich $alz resigned, or is
>he just to busy for the job?  Is it time to find a new moderator?  How about
>Brandon Allberry?

Well maybe it's time for Rich to get himself some elves.  Since he
tries to check everything submitted and see that it compiles on a
variety of platforms, perhaps he needs a small cadre of people he
trusts and that have individually distinct platforms.  Since we're
volunteering other folks, Peter da Silva comes to mind.  He's got a
System III based piece of weirdness that ought to cover a fair portion
of the portability spectrum.
--
David A. Kuder                                               Now what coach?
415 438-2003  david@indetech.com  {uunet,sun,sharkey,pacbell}!indetech!david

allbery@NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery) (02/06/90)

As quoted from <1990Feb5.001822.3553@vicom.com> by lmb@vicom.com (Larry Blair):
+---------------
| Is there any point to c.s.u?  After producing very fitfully for over a year,
| it has been dormant for over three months now.  Has Rich $alz resigned, or is
| he just to busy for the job?  Is it time to find a new moderator?  How about
| Brandon Allberry?
>---------------^  Two "l"'s, one "r", please....
| Enquiring minds want to know!
+---------------

I have enough claims on my time as it is, thank you.

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery    allbery@NCoast.ORG, BALLBERY (MCI Mail), ALLBERY (Delphi)
      uunet!cwjcc.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery ncoast!allbery@cwjcc.cwru.edu

In article <1990Feb5.211724.14291@indetech.com> david@indetech.UUCP (David Kuder) writes:
> Since we're
> volunteering other folks, Peter da Silva comes to mind.  He's got a
> System III based piece of weirdness that ought to cover a fair portion
> of the portability spectrum.

Thanks a whole hell of a lot, David! I'll make you a deal: you get perl
working on our intel 320s (above System III based etc. etc.) and I'll do
it. The problem is, while getting something working here means it's pretty
portable the converse isn't true. There's just too much stuff that breaks
here: including both B and C news.
--
 _--_|\  Peter da Silva. +1 713 274 5180. <peter@ficc.uu.net>.
/      \